Author Topic: We get it, I want to kill children in videogames.  (Read 17976 times)

Fallout 1 and 2 aren't meant to be immersive, it is meant to be more like a game of chess.

Yet I can blow up the nuke in megaton, killing all the townspeople along with 2 children and severely disfiguring one resident for the rest of their life.

So since it's an immersive world it automatically makes me want to nuke people now?

Also so it's morally acceptable to nuke 2 children according to Fallout 3.

Yet I can blow up the nuke in megaton, killing all the townspeople along with 2 children and severely disfiguring one resident for the rest of their life.

So since it's an immersive world it automatically makes me want to nuke people now?

Also so it's morally acceptable to nuke 2 children according to Fallout 3.
You don't have to nuke anyone so yes it makes you want to nuke people in real life. Those children that die in fallout 3 are offscreen so the game devs can get away with it, kinda like people dying off screen in disney movies so they can keep the rating.

So I can kill these children's family and it's okay because the child will die off screen from either starvation or being exposed to the elements without protection from an adult.

I see why that's morally acceptable. So I can make the kid watch his family being murdered, I just can't kill the child.

it's okay to kill children but only if you nuke their stupid asses and an entire town of morons with them. morals, bro

You don't have to nuke anyone so yes it makes you want to nuke people in real life.
insightful

So I can kill these children's family and it's okay because the child will die off screen from either starvation or being exposed to the elements without protection from an adult.

I see why that's morally acceptable. So I can make the kid watch his family being murdered, I just can't kill the child.
That's still immoral

That's still immoral

So if it's immoral why do they allow me to do it?

Killing adults is immoral.

Killing kids is immoral.

insightful

"if you have the option to do something in a videogame and you do it then that means you want to do it in real life you psycho!!!!!!!!"

Who's more psychopathic, me or the developer that coded and detailed all this gore to allow me kill people in such a fashion?

Have you even seen the videos for the behind the scenes development of Fallout 3? They were talking about how you can pick up the eye of the guy you killed. You can collect their fingers. You could nail their corpse to the wall with the rail gun. You could take their head and put it on a shelf.

They were going into full blown loving detail with the things you can do.

So tell me again, how the forget am I psychopathic when the developers are the ones who put all this stuff into the game.

That's still immoral

I'd like to wager that since there's no tangible consequence to killing NPCs in a game beyond whatever in-universe consequences unfold, it is nowhere considerably "Immoral". Immoral in this context being evil, wicked, or just plain bad. If you honestly think people are evil for killing kids in video games, you need to do some self reflection before criticizing Tony.

Who cares if you kill kids in video games what the hell?

How is that a sincere concern even...

Also, should be an executive order that Blockchip and Molten can't post in Lord Tonys topics damn

The mass shooting scene in Modern Warfare 2 is far worse than killing some dumbass kid in Fallout 3. That scene was loving brutal man. Shooting a kid in Fallout 3 would be basically indistinguishable from throwing a bowling ball at a sack of potatoes.

Banging a stripper then killing her in GTA is worse. Shes just trying to make a living and probably support some kids. If you killed her kids instead, she wouldnt have to be a stripper and wouldn't have been killed herself leaving behind her orphaned children to grow up in the ghetto by an uncle who loveually and physically abuses them. Then they grow up emotionally damaged without any moral figure in their life until theyre part of a gang and killing others until they're shot down by our militaristic tribal police force.

Kill the kid and everything is solved.

Who's more psychopathic, me or the developer that coded and detailed all this gore to allow me kill people in such a fashion?

Have you even seen the videos for the behind the scenes development of Fallout 3? They were talking about how you can pick up the eye of the guy you killed. You can collect their fingers. You could nail their corpse to the wall with the rail gun. You could take their head and put it on a shelf.

They were going into full blown loving detail with the things you can do.

So tell me again, how the forget am I psychopathic when the developers are the ones who put all this stuff into the game.
You're just as psychotic for enjoying their work as they are for making it

You're just as psychotic for enjoying their work as they are for making it

And you support it by buying such games and then playing them.

By the way you have to be over the age of 18 to play Fallout 4 and you're only 17.

You're too young to be questioning morals of 18+ games here.