Author Topic: If Blockland 2 were to come out, what would you want to see in it?  (Read 2791 times)

Exactly what it says on the tin. If there was a second blockland on another engine, where you could actually build with lego bits like technic and pole/hook system, what would you want to see in it?

a better engine like jfc torque sucks
edit: I meant this version of torque sucks*, shoulda specified
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 08:17:36 PM by Drydess »

HD graphix (saying this jokingly for just nicer visuals overall as in in game AA, etc), global illumination, fancier shaders, configurable shadows that get softer the further the object is from the shadow, etc etc wet dream stuff...( one can dream...)

Being able to adjust a light's color, brightness, angle (for spotlights and/or emission direction) dynamically would be nice.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 08:59:15 PM by QuadStorm »

a better engine like jfc torque sucks
most of the problems we have are just because the engine is outdated, torque has a lot of awesome stuff that i'd hate to see go. also i don't want to learn another engine to continue modding blockland

i'd mostly just want to see some of the biggest engine limitations removed and some stuff added for modders, cus that's all blockland really needs to thrive. per-client rendering, some kind of way to actually transfer GUI stuff (which is really slippery with torque as-is), improved collision detection that ideally would work by masks instead of just everything colliding with anything else that's solid

if we could get some of that stuff in i'd be a happy harry for sure

i'd like shaders to be optimized and forced onto everyone at at least minimum

roblox should sell their engine

using the same engine (but upgraded, with better shaders n stuff) and componentes so we can easily port older addons into RB2
also some way to make people see your server shirts

HD graphix, global illumination, fancier shaders, configurable shadows that get softer the further the object is from the shadow, etc etc wet dream stuff...

Being able to adjust a light's color, brightness, angle (for spotlights and/or emission direction) dynamically would be nice.
We don't want it to be too realistic here (plus that would be difficult to make anyways)
"HD graphics" lol, this is upon whoever makes the add-on, low poly is much better in this game

I would like to see Blockland on Torque3D, there would be tons and tons of features that would be added, such as allowing a player to crouch/jump/jet/etc. Networking would be better, and possibly maps could come back

better vehicle physics

Maps and better physics.

A better UI and starting menu. Something that's modern, but not too cluttered. Also, an in-game sharing component like RTB or The Gallery from The Sims 4.