Poll

Should I make more than one map for this mode?

Yes.
7 (43.8%)
No.
1 (6.3%)
MAKE AND RUN ONLY HH MODE FROM NOW ON.
3 (18.8%)
You host terrible servers, go die in a fire.
5 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Hunter/Hunted mode.  (Read 645 times)

This is not a request.
I'm making a gamemode for SuperFPS, Hunter/Hunted mode. It's simple. There's two teams, the hunters and the hunted. The hunted have no weapons (unless they can get some from the map) and the hunters do. However, the hunted look exactly like the thirty-some bots that will be wandering the map as well.

Basically, GMod's Guess Who mode, except I wasn't thinking about the fact that it was when I came up with the idea, so don't whine about me copying things.

So, opinions, suggestions, or comments?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 04:10:22 PM by SuperSuit12 »

I like the idea, but it seems like it would be a bit hard to execute considering bot movement is unnatural and easy to detect.

It wasn't that hard to execute with Garry's Mod. I could whip up some VCE stuff to make bots wander to specific waypoints occasionally, probably.

I like the idea, but it seems like it would be a bit hard to execute considering bot movement is unnatural and easy to detect.
It is up to the player to blend in with the bots, not the other way around.
They will have to bind and use all emotes and move irregularly to not get spotted.

This seems like a cool gamemode that could work.

It is up to the player to blend in with the bots, not the other way around.
They will have to bind and use all emotes and move irregularly to not get spotted.

This seems like a cool gamemode that could work.
protip: /BSD shows "BRICKS"

Sounds kind of cool. Although someone could make a client sided script to show them which are players and which are bots, if they really wanted to be a jerk.

Sounds kind of cool. Although someone could make a client sided script to show them which are players and which are bots, if they really wanted to be a jerk.
wouldn't this be a dll, considering it would kinda be a wallhack thing too and blhack.dll does this

Ew cheating

Anyways, I'm going to host some tests now that I have the crucial part: the no-damage gun.

wouldn't this be a dll, considering it would kinda be a wallhack thing too and blhack.dll does this
No you can still get players client-side using torquescript

Although you can't get their positions anymore. So I'm not sure how you'd indicate to yourself which of them are which.

I would explain it, but not here.

Tests ended a while ago. It's happening though whether you want it or not, the map'll be useful for SOMETHING at least.
EDIT: People hate me almost as much as they want more than one map for HH mode. Two people want me to run only HH mode from now on. Not sure if I could take that. It's weird with few players.