The SuperKart Gamemode

Author Topic: The SuperKart Gamemode  (Read 51305 times)

I probably definitely would if I were a scripter, sadly I'm not.

I probably definitely would if I were a scripter, sadly I'm not.
You can contact any friend you have who is a talented coder.

I kinda liked this gamemode, but because of some users posting criticism, I'm gonna wait until either another triquel(?) comes out or the bugs are fixed. Otherwise, 6.25/10

I kinda liked this gamemode, but because of some users posting criticism, I'm gonna wait until either another triquel(?) comes out or the bugs are fixed. Otherwise, 6.25/10

Nice bump

I'll take a look at the glitches some time. This is what I'll work on, but let me know if there's anything else:

- Better respawning
- More time to wait before the race begins
- Better loading between tracks
- Most issues reported by the community

But before I can begin - a few questions.
What is the problem with respawning?
How much time do we want before the race begins?
What are some other issues reported by the community?

Let's pick this gamemode up. We put too much work in it to see everyone still playing speedkart.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 11:05:01 PM by Farad »

What is the problem with respawning?
It's possible to respawn in a position where it's impossible to keep racing, also, speed is not conserved on checkpoints for planes, so you have to hope you're in a position to be able to keep flying if you need to respawn (which, given the difficulty of Aerohead Jungle, the only plane track so far, is almost certain for most people).

i was thinking of hosting a superkart tournament hosted similar to Mr.LoL's soccer tournaments, with Filipe. Filipe and i have discussed some ideas including:

• real prizes (gift cards, cash, etc...)
• stands for spectators
• new developer made maps
• special soundtrack
• only good maps played
and some other stuff

i thought it would be cool to promote superkart since nobody plays it that often, the game mode deservers a lot more attention. and i thought this would be a good way to bring it back.

i was thinking of hosting a superkart tournament hosted similar to Mr.LoL's soccer tournaments, with Filipe. Filipe and i have discussed some ideas including:

• real prizes (gift cards, cash, etc...)
• stands for spectators
• new developer made maps
• special soundtrack
• only good maps played
and some other stuff

i thought it would be cool to promote superkart since nobody plays it that often, the game mode deservers a lot more attention. and i thought this would be a good way to bring it back.
The best way to bring it back is to fix it first, it has a lot of issues that's why nobody is playing it.

The best way to bring it back is to fix it first, it has a lot of issues that's why nobody is playing it.
agreed.

What exactly are some of the issues from the community?

I get the map loading part; Modular terrain is a bit iffy, because it lowers your frame rate whenever you delete it en masse, but what other than that is the big issue? Comparative to the original Speedkart?

What exactly are some of the issues from the community?

I get the map loading part; Modular terrain is a bit iffy, because it lowers your frame rate whenever you delete it en masse, but what other than that is the big issue? Comparative to the original Speedkart?
not so much frame rate lowering as it is timing out the players out of the sheer laginess and also disconnecting them

and that spawning thing from earlier