Poll

The bears

Bearenstein
30 (61.2%)
Bearenstain
19 (38.8%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Doesn't space seem a little too "odd" to you.  (Read 8250 times)

With how big the loving universe is and how impossible it is to travel from one planet to another it's possible that programmers of this reality made travel so seemingly impossible on purpose. Trying to discourage us.

We know that there has to be an end to the universe eventually, we would have to reach an edge.
That isn't proof. That is a baseless assertion.

The spaghetti monster controls all of our actions and thoughts with his noodly appendages.

I don't see god trying to cure Alzheimers if anything it's his fault it exists.

If god created life then he created diseases as they too are living organisms.

What a richard.

For example what is Dark Matter, why does it make up 90% of our universe and seemingly not exist?
We don't know what it is, we know it makes up a sizable chunk of our universe because of how galaxies orbit, and it seemingly doesn't exist because it doesn't interact with the electromagnetic force.

That isn't a fulfilling answer by any means, but dark matter is one of the few last remaining parts of the universe that the standard model doesn't account for. You can't expect it to be a simple problem to solve.

What
a good understanding of god helps guide scientists to beneficial and responsible studies

a good understanding of god helps guide scientists to beneficial and responsible studies
Like what

I'm sure if a god could create an entire loving universe then he could create a cure to a disease (which he created the disease in the first place).

Why is he loving around with us by relying a scientist to fix what he forgeted up while millions die waiting for a cure?

God isn't real.

Like what
Science cannot exist for the sake of science.

Science cannot exist for the sake of science.
What the forget does that even mean

If universe A created Universe B and Universe B created Universe A then in theory both universes existed at the same loving time.

If time is non-linear it is possible for that to happen.
Except now you have two universes coming into existence from nowhere.
And time doesn't exist outside of the universe. So something had to make the universes exist.

Either way you're not addressing the point that the concept of the universe being a virtual reality designed by a programmer is identical to the universe being designed by a god.

I don't see god trying to cure Alzheimers if anything it's his fault it exists.

If god created life then he created diseases as they too are living organisms.

What a richard.
This is completely irrelevant to the discussion.
Yeah, if there is a god, then by our human understanding he is a richard.

I'm sure if a god could create an entire loving universe then he could create a cure to a disease (which he created the disease in the first place).

Why is he loving around with us by relying a scientist to fix what he forgeted up while millions die waiting for a cure?
How many times have you drowned or starved or immolated someone in the Sims?

What
Don't 'what' log. It's about as much sense as you've been making.

i think i get what log might be trying to say but it doesn't make sense to me. it seems like he's trying to argue that science is excessively dependent on religion to exist? which is a fairly bold claim, and i'm willing to bet not one that can actually be sufficiently substantiated

Don't 'what' log. It's about as much sense as you've been making.
Do I need to quote the Tu Quoque fallacy

we need to believe something or someone more than us upholds the laws of the natural world before we can actually study them

it seems like he's trying to argue that science is excessively dependent on religion to exist?

He would be wrong because that would be atheism. Atheists spend their entire life to prove religion doesn't exist so they are still dependent on religion.

Scientists just want to break the barrier between god and man and end this silly charade.