Could Blockland have Voice Communication?

Author Topic: Could Blockland have Voice Communication?  (Read 2103 times)

/title

Like CoD, and many other pc games; you have a mic and you can talk to people on that server.

Short answer: yes, but not really. and it wouldn't be as great as you probably think.
Long answer: It's theoretically possible, but it would take a long time to implement, time which would be better spent on other things. And once it was implemented, it probably wouldn't be nearly as nice as you think.

we should keep it out for all the right reasons.

I would love to see a task force radio-like mod in blockland. Use teamspeak/mumble for the voice, blockland just provides positional data.

three words:
squeakers
squeakers, everywhere
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 06:33:16 PM by Blue Screen »

voice chat is pretty useful for games where you might have to quickly communicate with your team or when you don't want to waste time typing. and it's also just easier than text. though i think services like discord are generally superior to in-game voice chat, that's not always a viable solution

I absolutely hate the argument against this regarding squeakers and voice spam. It's not a serious issue at all, tons of other games that have voice chat don't have any problems with people using the mute function. If someone is voice spamming it takes not even ten seconds to mute them.

I would love to have this though but it's probably not going to happen.

have fun joining a fully populated server with 20-30 kids screaming

then the wave of micspammers blasting "epice meme music" because apparently it's funny

wouldn't prefer it, would be expensive and a lengthy process
also squeakers, voice spam, and music

also squeakers, voice spam, and music
If there's a mute system this would help.

I'd love for this to somehow be implemented, it makes talking to others so much more enjoyable.

It depends, but it would be a lot of work just for one VoIP mod.

the real question is should blockland have voice communication

and the answer is no it shouldn't

but I honestly wouldn't mind it if people enforced rules on it. and by that I mean instantly kick anyone who mic spams. i don't support the whole minimum age limit thing that most source community servers do because I like taking to little kids even though they're annoying as heck
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 07:13:37 AM by Trogtor »

This is such a bad idea.

As stated before me, the kids would be horrible to listen to. Also, it would probably sound like ass since it would probably have to go through the server's blockland so that everyone else can hear it, and if the server is laggy, then it would be choppy. Not good.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 10:24:57 AM by RTBARCHIVE »