Author Topic: Zealot Interviews Furries  (Read 3338 times)

For my Journalism II final I have to interview a unique minority group. Last year I did Flat-Earthers. Now I'm doing furries. If you're a furry, responding would be greatly appreciated.

You're info will be anonymous when used. If you want to, feel free to PM it too.

1. What animal do you associate with and why?
2. When and how did you become/learn you were a furry?
3. Have you ever attended a furry convention? If so: What did you think of it? If not: What do you think of them?
4. Do you think there were any "signs" of being a furry at a young age, such an an obsession with a particular animal or anything like that?

edit: Longer is definitely better. Grammar doesn't matter, as I'll be rewriting it in proper English.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 05:49:33 PM by McZealot »

how did the flat earthers thing go

1) dragon because im a friend
2) i was a friend who became a bigger friend
3) no because im not a friend
4) i was a friend so i guess thats why i became a friend furry

3. Have you ever attended a furry convention? If so: What did you think of it? If not: What do you think of them?
4. Do you think there were any "signs" of being a furry at a young age, such an an obsession with a particular animal or anything like that?

i dont associate myself with an animal
i liked anthro art
yes, i thought it was fun, i liked seeing my long distance friends, and enjoyed the art i could buy
no, other than liking disney movies, but who didnt

Zealot don't do this to yourself

he does it so we don't have to

we salute to you

how did the flat earthers thing go
One guy asked me "Do you really trust NASA? Do you really believe that blue marble could be our home?" "... Yes."

dont worry we dont bite

1. Husky, they're classically silly and energetic which I feel fits me well.
2. 15, when I started more regularly looking at anthro art.
3. Nope, but I have seen fursuiters at a comic con. It was nice I guess.
4. Didn't see any myself.

1. I don't necessarily 'associate' with any animal but a character that I use for stories and art is a house cat because house cats are cool and cute as forget.
2. I became a furry around age 6 because of DeviantART and various cartoons featuring anthropomorphic animals on channels like Disney and Nickelodeon.
3. I have never attended a furry convention and I think that they're a waste of time and money but I do me and people who go to the conventions do them.
4. There were signs of me being a furry at an early age such as being obsessed with a particular animal and the thought of anthropomorphic animals themselves.

I volunteer for a voice interview ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)

1. What animal do you associate with and why? I don't associate with animals, I just like some of them more than others.
2. When and how did you become/learn you were a furry? 14yo, lurking around the FMT too much ruined my life
3. Have you ever attended a furry convention? If so: What did you think of it? If not: What do you think of them? nah, but it's cool, there's lot of nice people on furry cons
4. Do you think there were any "signs" of being a furry at a young age, such an an obsession with a particular animal or anything like that? no

furries < everything else

1. Fox because idk really. I've just liked fox characters since I was a kid: Disney's robin hood, the fox and the hound, star fox, etc.

2. When: I was 15 or 16. (Am almost 24 now) I just found the group one day. Was kind of turned away at first, but over time it grew on me.

3. I attended by first furry con in 2014. when one started up in my state. I was nervous to go, because previously I just enjoyed art, and thought fursuits were kinda weird, was afraid the people would be weird, and was just generally unsure if it would be my thing. But I decided to give it a chance, and bought a one-day pass, and I had a lot of fun. I've made a lot of friends locally since then, and went to several cons with them. Now I'm helping that same local con (and their parent organization which does a lot of smaller, year round events) as a Staff Photographer (studio work and general around-the-con wandering photos). And plan on staffing more cons if given the chance

4. Not really? Could see #1 if you think that's relevant.