Author Topic: Server build trust.  (Read 3163 times)

I know we have Build trust and Full trust. But how about a server build trust.
I'm tired of people coming into my server, placing single brick weapon spawns and vehicle spawns and then leaving their spam in my servers when they leave (usually results in me banning them for a short period with a simple reason.)

My idea works like this, its another level of trust below build trust which allows people to build in your server. If they don't have your trust then they can't build in your server at all. This means no spam at all. Maybe if someone is in your server for a set amount of time they automatically get server build trust. There are many ideas that could make this a lot more simplistic.
By default it is off, so dedicated servers won't have to trust people in order for them to build this option. And you can turn it on via: options. It would really solve the problems with the newer users spamming up servers.
I'm sure people might point out some of it's downsides, but I thought it was still worth suggesting.

That's a good idea, I thought up something sort of similar to this.

How it would works is, for people who do not have your trust have a default time limit set to their bricks, that number being 10-minutes. Vehicle spawns are 10 minutes, weapon spawns, etc.

After the time expires the server auto-clears the untrustee's lonesome spawns.

You would have a GUI that allows you to set the number of bricks that is needed to nullify the auto-clear (forcing whomever to actually build something without it going unnoticed by you) and the default time can be changed.

A counter could possibly hover over the players name once the brick has been laid so that they can just tab out and see how much time they have, if they need more they can request it and you can change the time you have alloted them.

Code: [Select]
package ServerBuildTrust
{
function serverCmdPlantBrick(%client)
{
if(!$Server::Dedicated)
{
%host = findLocalClient();
if(getTrustLevel(%host,%client) < 1)
{
centerPrint(%client,%host.name@" does not trust you enough to build on their server",2,2);
return;
}
}
Parent::serverCmdPlantBrick(%client);
}
};
activatePackage(ServerBuildTrust);

That should do it!

Code: [Select]
package ServerBuildTrust
{
function serverCmdPlantBrick(%client)
{
if(!$Server::Dedicated)
{
%host = findLocalClient();
if(getTrustLevel(%host,%client) < 1)
{
centerPrint(%client,%host.name@" does not trust you enough to build on their server",2,2);
return;
}
}
Parent::serverCmdPlantBrick(%client);
}
};
activatePackage(ServerBuildTrust);

That should do it!

Haha, Wedge wanted a script so you need trust with the server, not the host.

I don't think Wedge even posted in this topic? I was replying to FaceChild you idiot.

Is there a GUI or some way to allow people to build on your server?

Well, I'd just save the BLIDs you trust to a file, and then have Blockland load the lines from that file to a global server trust script object (e.g. ServerTrust).  Then you could define ServerTrust::isTrustedClient(%this,%client), etc.

I don't think Wedge even posted in this topic? I was replying to FaceChild you idiot.

I keep getting them confused as Wedge use to have a lego avatar that changed like Facechild's.

lol, I just noticed facechild added a round head to his avitar.

That was a month ago.
Back on topic, Is there a Gui for this?

Yea, press f2.

It only lets people build if they have build trust with the host.