Author Topic: boner (219293) - possible alt, loving up server  (Read 3692 times)

I hate hackers.

/support

Badspot

• Administrator
219293 is not a valid id.  A properly functioning server should auth check a client as soon as they connect and reject them with an auth failure message if they are claiming this id. 

I don't see any evidence that there's any problem with the auth server.  I'm not saying it's impossible - lord knows there's been problems before - but I've seen hundreds of ghost stories like this and it's way more likely that it's an admin messing with you or there's some problem with one of the many terrible scripts you're running on your server.

Check my previous post on this dude, you gotta get rid of him.
Link: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=296755.0

219293 is not a valid id.  A properly functioning server should auth check a client as soon as they connect and reject them with an auth failure message if they are claiming this id. 

I don't see any evidence that there's any problem with the auth server.  I'm not saying it's impossible - lord knows there's been problems before - but I've seen hundreds of ghost stories like this and it's way more likely that it's an admin messing with you or there's some problem with one of the many terrible scripts you're running on your server.

thanks baddy, i didn't know any better so i didn't know what was going on

I'm going to break down why I'm compelled to believe that Clay Hansen is messing w/ OP.

These examples are Clay Hansen loving up the command to show that "Boner" is disconnected:

This here can be easily explained by Clay kicking OP and forcefully sending the message in the kick.

Why would somebody take down your internet for less than a minute? Somebody with the intent to DDoS you would keep it going for more than 30 or so seconds.
Clay is knowledgeable enough on this area to know that it's true.

• I don't believe that Clay doesn't have an IP ban script
  • "Went out for no loving reason" was added dramatic effect.

This is probably to cover for loving up the console command like stated earlier:
To further clarify, the 'blank spots' in the connected and ban messages are probably a result of faulty coding in the anonymous add-on I'm working on. There's no reason why it shouldn't of shown the names, since I never actually used/packaged/overwrote these functions, but it still happened.

More important to note:
Timestamp had drama'd the exact same user about a month prior to this incident. I think that Clay knows this and was using it to harass him.
(Link to said topic)

OP sent me this just a few minutes from when I'm typing this. This is the thing that I find most compelling as evidence against this story being true:

(I blurred the name because I didn't ask for permission to post this)
Clay used the same tactic to get a rise out of OP prior to this incident.

TL;DR:
I believe that evidence points towards this story being bogus. I am not 100% certain that OP was fooled by Clay Hansen / RTBARCHIVE -- there is a small possibility that somebody cared enough about Clay Hansen's unpopular server in particular enough to bypass the auth system and magically gained admin powers -- but I find it highly unlikely that it's true.

Also worth noting:

Clay Hansen would have immediately looked at his console to get the logs of this user connecting and posted them as soon as the drama topic came up. Him not posting this and only giving it to Visolator when interrogated, when he's a user that is once again, very knowledgeable in this area, can work as evidence against him.

The ban/kick/connect/disconnect messages are genuinely forgeted up, and I do not have an IP ban addon.
I thought timestamp would catch on to the whole thing and stop before he posted this topic, but I was proven wrong when he actually did. And then visolator got messed up in this too.
When visolator actually got involved, I felt like such an idiot (since I am one obviously, the evidence being from last night). After that, I actually don't know what I was thinking, and kept the ruse up.
This is all fake; a stupid 'prank' made by me.

The only reason I told the truth here is because Akio told me that the consequences will be way less severe then if I had kept this up.
It probably doesn't mean a lot to many (especially since I will probably be banned for this), but I'm really sorry I lied. It was a pathetic thing to do.

I already knew this was joke in the first place, I never believed it.

The ban/kick/connect/disconnect messages are genuinely forgeted up, and I do not have an IP ban addon.
I thought timestamp would catch on to the whole thing and stop before he posted this topic, but I was proven wrong when he actually did. And then visolator got messed up in this too.
When visolator actually got involved, I felt like such an idiot (since I am one obviously, the evidence being from last night). After that, I actually don't know what I was thinking, and kept the ruse up.
This is all fake; a stupid 'prank' made by me.

The only reason I told the truth here is because Akio told me that the consequences will be way less severe then if I had kept this up.
It probably doesn't mean a lot to many (especially since I will probably be banned for this), but I'm really sorry I lied. It was a pathetic thing to do.
I forgive you, but please dont do this stuff again