My mother & alcohol abuse

Author Topic: My mother & alcohol abuse  (Read 2319 times)

tell her to weed
Just don't post; you're not funny.

Your mom seems to be having not only an alcoholism issue, but one in her her mental state, which is causing her to value herself above not only her own well being but her children's as well. I think that she must be extremely emotionally irrational and fragile, which may be why she's suseptable to an addition. I suggest having her attend both AA meetings and a therapist.

tell her to weed

Your mom seems to be having not only an alcoholism issue, but one in her her mental state, which is causing her to value herself above not only her own well being but her children's as well. I think that she must be extremely emotionally irrational and fragile, which may be why she's suseptable to an addition. I suggest having her attend both AA meetings and a therapist.

this

My mom used to have serious drinking issues also, but surprisingly AA took her right out of that mess. If she's reluctant then don't force her, AA will only work for her if she actually wants to go, otherwise it'll be equivalent to a kid who fails in school because his parent's make him go.

And if she is reluctant, then at least give her an outline as to how it would help her. If she doesn't want to listen the first, second, or third time, then you keep on trying and show her you genuinely care about her health. If it comes to a point that she just won't go at all the only solution I can think of is CP (despite how loving nasty they are) or have your dad gain full legal custody of you.

and if none of that works, then dump her alcohol supply down the drain whenever possible. It's a bit childish, but if none of the above works then that's your only option.

I can confirm that this works.  My father had an alcohol problem, but he never layed a hand on my mother.  Every time he tried to stop, his cursed family kept pulling him back in (eventually getting him killed in the end)  But every time he did stop, the method that Rambo outlined worked.  He was simply too loyal to his family for his own good.

forget off friend.
woah hey

sometimes garden maintenance can be very satisfying

woah hey

sometimes garden maintenance can be very satisfying
yeah like i wasn't even joking if you live in a state where it's legal do it

EDIT: goddamnit i just got the joke
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 06:48:17 PM by Plebian Native American »

yeah like i wasn't even joking if you live in a state where it's legal do it
If you don't know anything about recreational drugs, then you shouldn't put forth your two cents and advice regarding them. The beginning of her alcoholism is derived from using the substance as a medication for her emotional issues. Replacing that with another 'medication' for her wouldn't do anything for her besides avoid the issue at hand. Even if you put aside the fact that it could possibly become another issue for her and her children to be forced to live with, cannabis may affect each user in a unique way. There's always a possibility that it could cause his mother to be paranoid or induce anxiety.

tell her to weed
forget off you loving asshead

op, i'd suggest staying with your father if hes around

I've talked to my dad about not going over there, and I discovered something. The whole reason he hasn't taken full custody of me yet is because one thing:

"I haven't gotten full custody because I know you love your mother"

I'm glad he understands this, and I hope she stops at some point, but for now ,it won't. I want to get an AA meeting, but I'm not sure she would feel as though I'm doing the right thing ,and feel like I'm trying to rub it in her face that she has alcohol issues. I really don't want to go to my dad's full time.
R.I.P my heart :/

On another note, wow, we got all the forum famous guys in here (Filipe have my babies) and I just want to say, thanks, everyone

ON ANOTHER ANOTHER NOTE Plebian Native American, I found that kind of funny, and I don't believe weed is legal in Florida :/
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:41:58 PM by BLockyBuildingBro »

Drink her alcohol before she can so she can stay sober.

Drink her alcohol before she can so she can stay sober.
forget off you loving asshead
this, enough with the jokes in this thread for forgets sake.

I've talked to my dad about not going over there, and I discovered something. The whole reason he hasn't taken full custody of me yet is because one thing:

"I haven't gotten full custody because I know you love your mother"

I'm glad he understands this, and I hope she stops at some point, but for now ,it won't. I want to get an AA meeting, but I'm not sure she would feel as though I'm doing the right thing ,and feel like I'm trying to rub it in her face that she has alcohol issues. I really don't want to go to my dad's full time.
R.I.P my heart :/
Except it's different in context, if you're genuinely trying to help her then it would be for her own good, but then just going "Mom stop drinking already you need help" does give off that connotation. If you want her to understand and not be offended and display that you truly are trying to help her then present her with solutions such as AA meeting's locations and whatnot.

try to get your mom to go to an AA meeting. if she won't, you should live with your father.

tell her to weed
I think it's funny that this comment received so much backlash in comparison to all the egregious stuff that usually gets posted here.