Author Topic: Halo 5's forge (and custom games) is coming to Windows 10 later this year  (Read 1578 times)

So just out of nowhere, 343 posted to their website a news post about how they're working on bringing Halo 5's forge mode to Windows 10, and it's planned to be released later this year for free!

You'll be able to do everything in Forge on Windows 10 that you can do on the Xbox One, such as testing your map, playing it with friends, and you'll be able to publish your maps from your computer, and play them on your Xbox One

For the whole story, here's a link to the article
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/forging-ahead-the-forge-experience-comes-to-windows-10

And according to 343 Industries employee, Josh Holmes, via Twitter

..It sounds like we might get the full Halo 5 experience on PC at some point (even though the multiplayer is all that really matters), which hopefully means that the previous main Halo games will get the same treatment as well!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 08:27:20 PM by Masterlegodude »

reach on PC or riot
yeah my arms are pretty short i need reach

reach on PC or riot
i mean since microsoft has only been releasing the stuffty ones on PC since spartan assault i guess reach might be coming

i mean since microsoft has only been releasing the stuffty ones on PC since spartan assault i guess reach might be coming
saying something like this is a good way to get your back door fisted, satan

saying something like this is a good way to get your back door fisted, satan
like u can even reach, mr stump arms

Won't be playing any Halo game until it's brought to PC. I refuse to buy some stuffty console.

Interesting. I was disappointed with Halo 5's campaign enough that I didn't really give matchmaking/forge a go.
But from what I've seen online its forge is really impressive, and it's amazing that some of the things made were done on an xbox.
So I can only imagine the further control you get on the pc will mean even more great builds.

Interesting. I was disappointed with Halo 5's campaign enough that I didn't really give matchmaking/forge a go.
But from what I've seen online its forge is really impressive, and it's amazing that some of the things made were done on an xbox.
Campaign did feel like it lacked stuff, but the multiplayer is pretty good, overall, it's a step up from Halo 4, but i still prefer Halo 3 and Halo Reach

But Halo 5's forge mode is definitely the best one yet, but being used to Halo 3, Reach, and 4's forge, Halo 5's feels really complex and overwhelming since you can actually script stuff, create terrain, add weather effects, decals, change textures the textures of basic forge pieces and how shiny or dull their textures are, it's a lot to learn and get re-used to

I'd say Halo 5 is at least worth getting for the multiplayer and forge mode

I thought Halo Online already has Forge?

I thought Halo Online already has Forge?
a russian ripoff of halo 3 probably doesn't have even the features that reach had for forge. halo 3's forge, by comparison to the new stuff, wasn't very impressive

I've never played 5's forge, is it like Reach's?

I've never played 5's forge, is it like Reach's?
you can actually script stuff, create terrain, add weather effects, decals, change textures the textures of basic forge pieces and how shiny or dull their textures are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjIpcrI8Ibk
This video is kinda old by now, but this is basically what Forge is now