Author Topic: Stop using MediaFire as download links please!!  (Read 8733 times)

Why are people still not using uBlock origin? It works perfectly.
i somehow thought this until just yesterday i ran into a pop up that spammed a popup caused by mediafire

luckily chrome puts under their pop up dialog boxes to allow disabling it.

Mediafire is fine. But if it is a site with stuff like a big green DOWNLOAD NOW button atleast 4 of them where you can't find the normal download link and Clickbait ads with clickbait photos (boobs, ass or so) and say stuff like she is 50 years old! and if it opens up another ad in the background of your desktop. Thats clickbait stuff. Mediafire is fine.

Mediafire is fine. But if it is a site with stuff like a big green DOWNLOAD NOW button atleast 4 of them where you can't find the normal download link and Clickbait ads with clickbait photos (boobs, ass or so) and say stuff like she is 50 years old! and if it opens up another ad in the background of your desktop. Thats clickbait stuff. Mediafire is fine.
Mediafire does this with everything you click. Opens up popup ads that are usually malware.

Just because you can prevent it's bullstuff, doesn't mean the site isn't bullstuff.
Just use a better site.

Dropbox isn't a good alternative. If you get too much traffic, they will disable your public downloads.

The past four-five times I've used MediaFire it redirected my window to another site after downloading the file.

We should compile a list of good file sharing sites that are still up.

like rapidshare

OR you can be an starfish to media fire and just link to the direct link skipping the whole media fire page all together, I've been doing it that way and it hasn't created any problems... yet...

http://leopard.hosting/

i only use mediafire for links i dont want to ever go down. direct linking the download instead of the download page is a possible workaround for those who dont want to shift their entire account's data to another file hosting system