Glass' Blockland Servers (Fort Wars Now Online)

Poll

Server Preference?

Trench
Fort Wars

Author Topic: Glass' Blockland Servers (Fort Wars Now Online)  (Read 18360 times)

Explosives are best weapon.

There is no need to nerf the grenades or change anything about them. Just need to make it so players can't restock on them after they leave the spawn room.

mfw fort wars isnt actually up

edit:
just joined the trench wars server for the first time in a long time. Its fun but I'm not really a fan of the point shop system, since it makes it so I start out with just a pistol and an assault rifle, where as other players get snipers/magnums/armor, so it doesnt really seem fair, unless i'm missing something?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 06:42:37 PM by Lego lad »

When we loving want. Asking every day isn't going to help your case.

When we loving want. Asking every day isn't going to help your case.
i mean
noone awnsered the other 3 goddamn times ive asked

Map changed to the classic-trench-looking map with the broken spawning.  An attempt at fixing went horribly, so this got loaded in the end.  server got locked, we (Valcle and I) couldn't get into the map by spawning in.  Decided to have fun and bridged some dirt over from the sample cube to the map

Then, staircased up and over the walls

we had fun.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 12:04:05 AM by Gen. Hothauser »

Oh wow it seems to be pretty banged up. I'll fix the server when I can and open it up again. Also going to investigate as to why it broke. Rotation script has been working fine for weeks so the likely hood of it just breaking as bad as it did out of the blue isn't too high.

I'll keep you guys posted.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dun goofed

i like nades
just like, nerf them or something, decrease the damage. i like the explode on impact mechanic

Servers will be up when Glass comes online to setup minigames and environment in fort wars. He likes to be quite specific in the details of those areas and I don't currently have the settings saved. I've also pushed back the next automatic inactive brick clearing date by 4 days since fort wars has been down for a while.

Oh wow it seems to be pretty banged up. I'll fix the server when I can and open it up again. Also going to investigate as to why it broke. Rotation script has been working fine for weeks so the likely hood of it just breaking as bad as it did out of the blue isn't too high.

I'll keep you guys posted.

The issue is known.  It's not the rotation system - an admin came on to try and fix the map but just loaded a whatever map (what you see in my pictures) because he was locking anyways so it didn't matter.  The only issue currently is that the teleport-to-play bricks in the minimap for the classic-styled map do not change the datablock of the player from invincible to damageable (at least, this is what I assume and have heard from some admins).  Once the save for that map is fixed, everything should be fine.

i like nades
just like, nerf them or something, decrease the damage. i like the explode on impact mechanic

Nades definitely should not be removed or nerfed in any way.  The only time that nades are annoying is nadespamming or nade overuse.  Nadespamming is common when people stand on the nade refill spawn at their team spawn and chuck continuous nades around the corner at awaiting opponents or into the flag spawn.

Removing that nade refill spawn is a good solution, since players can already pick up nade refills when they kill someone.  I wouldn't want to see nade damage decreased because how is that realistic?  If you get hit in the face with a nade, you are dead.

Another solution is to have an official rules list, either posted on the forums or in a /rules message box ingame consisting of all the stupid stuff that people do.  Glass and his admins are damn good at kicking starfishs out of the server - people will learn quick to not break the rules if the rules are clearly written out.  IIRC, Glass once had a rule like "Don't be a dumbass" or "Use common sense" which is an easy rule to follow, but people are starfishs/are young and just don't know what common sense is.  It would be good to just get an official, written, easily update-able list out there.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:04:04 PM by Gen. Hothauser »

The issue is known.  It's not the rotation system - an admin came on to try and fix the map but just loaded a whatever map (what you see in my pictures) because he was locking anyways so it didn't matter.  The only issue currently is that the teleport-to-play bricks in the minimap for the classic-styled map do not change the datablock of the player from invincible to damageable (at least, this is what I assume and have heard from some admins).  Once the save for that map is fixed, everything should be fine.
It was the rotation system though. I was able to fix the issue. It was a mistake in my coding. I also fixed the issue with the changing of datablocks on classic before but forgot to update the file in the rotation list. This will be done at some point today

Nades definitely should not be removed or nerfed in any way.  The only time that nades are annoying is nadespamming or nade overuse.  Nadespamming is common when people stand on the nade refill spawn at their team spawn and chuck continuous nades around the corner at awaiting opponents or into the flag spawn.

Removing that nade refill spawn is a good solution, since players can already pick up nade refills when they kill someone.  I wouldn't want to see nade damage decreased because how is that realistic?  If you get hit in the face with a nade, you are dead.
Removing the refill will be ready for when the next time the server is open. Though if you want to talk realism a single shot from the starting pistol would kill you a lot of the time as well.

Another solution is to have an official rules list, either posted on the forums or in a /rules message box ingame consisting of all the stupid stuff that people do.  Glass and his admins are damn good at kicking starfishs out of the server - people will learn quick to not break the rules if the rules are clearly written out.  IIRC, Glass once had a rule like "Don't be a dumbass" or "Use common sense" which is an easy rule to follow, but people are starfishs/are young and just don't know what common sense is.  It would be good to just get an official, written, easily update-able list out there.
Normally I would agree with you to have a set of rules but after 5 years of administrating on this server I'll tell you why we scrapped the idea. A lot of the time players on this server tend to cause problems and when an admin warns them they just claimed "but it's not in the rules" and then start accusing them of abusing. This happens all the time and frankly unless we write down every single combination of rules they will just find a new one to break. This still happens to me today. If we had a rule list based on having to update it every time a player makes a bullstuff claim then it would be one hell of a long list. Even if a player is young I believe most should know that cheating/spamming probably will come with repercussions. Most cases will get the player a warning and/or kick before getting banned unless they are doing something really bad and should be able to learn from that before getting into further trouble and if they don't we don't want them on the server anyway.

tl;dr - if they are starfishs they're gone.