Glass' Blockland Servers (Fort Wars Now Online)

Poll

Server Preference?

Trench
Fort Wars

Author Topic: Glass' Blockland Servers (Fort Wars Now Online)  (Read 18330 times)

This is a really fun server, I was on it a few hours ago.  Luneth and Commander are unstoppable when paired together, they completely destroyed the Red team.  Kudos to them.

It's sad to see people complaining about the same old gunk though.  Despite BF3 pack being revamped in the hopefully near future (and having it announced right here, for goodness sake) people still complain about the 'level-up' system and its weapons.  I.E. you get rewarded with points when you actually bother to get better at the game, and with those points you get to buy weapons that help you.  I really couldn't believe my eyes at the argument everyone was having on the server today, wow.

I mean, this is a classic leveling up system that people are complaining about.  It's simple, it works, and it's been this way since the dawn of minigames.  It really doesn't take a lot of effort to learn how to shoot in front of a moving target in order to hit it, or to keep your gun pointed in the same direction whilst moving.

I could rant about this idiocy for hours because of how much it occurs and how it always leads to nowhere. I mean, what do you expect?  For Glass to somehow make it "fair" with the flick of a magic wand and a sprinkle of gold dust? To pair the good players with good players and the fodder with fodder?

That would ruin the whole point of having a single, massive battlefield.  It would essentially be Tournaments with a lot of dirt.  A lot of dirt.  Really, tons of dirt, which isn't the best idea if one half just wants to storm the beach and go Rambo: First Blood and the other half wants to be Bob the Builder. (2v2 or 4v4) And if you make a half-decent structure, boy oh boy, you might never see it again because you need to be put into a different map because of "fairness".

I could go on and on, but in short, the way things are right now is so much simpler and so much fairer than Dirty Tournament 2. Having two big armies containing both fodder and good players equalizes the playing field and is less risky than being put in a 2v2 match where one side will, nine times out of ten, be better or worse than you, as opposed to two armies, where the difference is not so striking.

It really makes me fume at how so much work goes unappreciated.  Glass is paying for this server mostly out of his pocket, and people have the cheek to turn around and complain about the tiniest of imperfections, some of which aren't imperfections at all.  It's just pointless moaning because they're so used to playing games on piss poor easy mode.  People should just suck it up and soldier on.

made a pretty cool wall

The server itself is very good and when there's tiny maps you can always get into a fight not like the big flat maps where the snipers own the whole map wich is kinda ruining the game.I hope there will be more terrian maps in the future!!.

This sounds like your usual one-sided out-of-proportion report.
You mean the truth? Yeah things people do are unbelievable nowadays aren't they
Fun server by the way

this needs the playertype that can walk up the 2x high blocks

The server itself is very good and when there's tiny maps you can always get into a fight not like the big flat maps where the snipers own the whole map wich is kinda ruining the game.I hope there will be more terrian maps in the future!!.
soon!

is there a flat map that is like 10/10 for authentic trench warfare and not tactical armored juggernauts walking around with autoshotguns

new map preview

Now it explains why the server was private all the time,but yea that is a good map i like it very much also the middle part can be controlled by the snipers if they build a big high tower but yea new starters also have a chance to get to the enemy side by the right/left side.Also a second entrance wich will make the other team harder to spawncamp the other team if they get to it,in my opinion this is a great balanced map i couldn't make it better :D

Now it explains why the server was private all the time,but yea that is a good map i like it very much also the middle part can be controlled by the snipers if they build a big high tower but yea new starters also have a chance to get to the enemy side by the right/left side.Also a second entrance wich will make the other team harder to spawncamp the other team if they get to it,in my opinion this is a great balanced map i couldn't make it better :D
Thanks man. Exactly what I was shooting for! I made some pre-built wall structures for the smaller openings. The large openings will be left how they are because players will want to build their own walls for sniping.

is there a flat map that is like 10/10 for authentic trench warfare and not tactical armored juggernauts walking around with autoshotguns
Well with a flat map you kind of have the opposite problem. The flat map is just a sniper playground until people start building walls and trenches

Well with a flat map you kind of have the opposite problem. The flat map is just a sniper playground until people start building walls and trenches

Or it just turns into a tunnel war when people start building all the tunnels