Author Topic: When 9th Grade comes I plan on trying to join Student Council, advice?  (Read 1429 times)

bribe people with food and candy, it sways the most votes

You don't have to be voted in to join SC, the Principles/Staff decides who joins

focus on actually having a good freshman year first.

one thing I have noticed is that SC gives you immunity to lates and teachers seem to keep you in their good books

late for class? "sorry was helping student council set up posters/getting info/selling something etc etc"

home free

"sorry was helping student council set up posters/getting info/selling something etc etc"
Yes but if the teacher were to ask fellow members if you guys were _______ and the member of SC said no you would most likely get kicked out of the council for using the title as a personal advantage
I plan on asking the VP for more information on joining the S. Council and what I could do to increase my odds of getting in
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 11:32:05 PM by Regirock »

If you are joining just to add resume fodder for college applications, don't do it. It sounds cliche but literally the best thing you can do is just pursue your interests.

If you're actually interested in student government pep-squad stuff, then go for it.

Back when I was in hs we usually thought the kids on student council and stuff were pricks.

Yes but if the teacher were to ask fellow members if you guys were _______ and the member of SC said no you would most likely get kicked out of the council for using the title as a personal advantage

I get away with it pretty easily

then again with my position none of the other members oversee what I do

become chancellor of your school

create a ingsoc party and take control of the school

TBH I've never been on a student council, I had the opportunity to become head boy in Year 12 but I decided against it because it was too much of a responsibility and title from how little I would gain from it though lol. When I was sent to boarding school for 2 years I eventually got onto the supplies detail (I was responsible for stuff like brooms, mops, paper towels, toilet paper, ect) and occasionally we'd meet up with the supply sergeants of each of the other blocks and contribute ideas and discuss, well, supplies. Realistically I only took the position because it meant I didn't have to help scrub the bathrooms and floors every morning and I could sleep in late.

My advice to you would be to know exactly what your responsibilities are and contribute ideas when you have meetings. If you don't know what you're doing and you're not actually doing anything you'll catch flak. If your responsibilities really are just "deciding time and dates" then I can't imagine you're ever going to forget up that bad kek

(it was a joke, friend)

My advice is
Hang with friends, avoid the school systems dirty work.

If you are joining just to add resume fodder for college applications, don't do it. It sounds cliche but literally the best thing you can do is just pursue your interests.

If you're actually interested in student government pep-squad stuff, then go for it.
this. stick at your interests and make sure to expand it. start a club at your school over it. run a fundraiser or something using it. if its something that interests a wide age group, maybe go outside the school and try teaching lessons at some community center or something, if you're good enough at it.

if it really is government, see if you can participate in school district policy meetings and such. if your district has decent people they'll appreciate the perspective you can offer on certain issues as a student.

wear a sheriff badge

people will respect you

get a forgetton more friends
now