Author Topic: working camera events?  (Read 1462 times)

are there any functioning camera events floating around? lilboarder released some camera events around 2011 but i cant for the life of me get them to work

supposedly you could event a players camera to track a brick while moving, you could make it move through specified points, etc. im pretty sure it didnt have camera rotation or anything since thats not possible (?) does anyone know if something like that can be made again?

and (in theory) couldn't you make it zoom in and out too? the only way i can really think of how to do that would be messing with players fov, unless you can tap into the zoom function directly. it would really help with a project of mine
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:51:56 AM by mod-man »

Wait can't you use the camera event stuff that came with speedkart?

isn't the zoom function literally just changing a player's fov though

the original cam events allowed you to fixed-direction look in the polar directions, or freeform camera. Looking at the default camera control events, recreating the original mod's setup seems easy enough.

I'm working on it; it'll include capability to direct the viewing path with named bricks (like the default camera control events), as well as create a freeform camera or a dolly camera that lets players move along a dolly between two named bricks.

done: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=297519.new#new

that took 6 loving hours jesus forget i regret doing this and dont regret it at the same time

Wait can't you use the camera event stuff that came with speedkart?
i didnt know speedkart came with camera events. i rarely mess with any other gamemode other than custom

done: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=297519.new#new

that took 6 loving hours jesus forget i regret doing this and dont regret it at the same time
you beautiful human being. thanks so much for this. i cant wait to try it out :))

i didnt know speedkart came with camera events. i rarely mess with any other gamemode other than custom
that's the default camera control events I mentioned in my first post (and significantly helped with making the camera control advanced). since speedkart is default that's default too, i guess.

issue with those is while you're in cam mode, you can still move your player. Another issue is you can't exit cam mode with light or anything; an event must call setCameraNormal on your client.

it seems like a 3am me totally misunderstood your request and ended up remaking the old Camera events mod, not pathcam. rip me.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:54:26 PM by Conan »

it seems like a 3am me totally misunderstood your request and ended up remaking the old Camera events mod, not pathcam. rip me.
eyy its all good bruh. you made a much needed useful update for an addon a lot of people used, myself included

when you describe it like that, speedkart camera events might actually be what i need anyways lol. ive never worked with them and had no idea about them honestly