[OPEN] Tuevon's Server — Svietny Island RP — Остров Свиетний

Author Topic: [OPEN] Tuevon's Server — Svietny Island RP — Остров Свиетний  (Read 3986 times)

About      •      Status      •      What's New      •      Discord      •      Staff & Credits      •      Support

This topic is entirely for games that will be hosted by me.  This topic is not here to advertise for any one or even a few game types.  It just happens to be whatever is being hosted.  It could be Slayer DMs, TDMs, CTFs, Fort Wars, RPGs, Building servers, or perhaps a combination of one or more of these things.

Current Project:

Svietny Island RP

Read Here

Donation perks!
The server is not currently running any donation perks.

Server Rules
1.  Do not spam in any form.
2.  Do not solicit or post illegal or adult content.
3.  While it is not required, it is advised that you respect admins and other server staff.
4.  Do not flame or troll.

This server is hosted with the BlockNet Dedicated Hosting Service, which has consistently performed outstandingly for me in the past.

05/26/16 @ 2:55   Server is starting up.  We will be working for a while to ensure that everything is configured ideally.
We have launched a Discord for this server.  See below.
If anyone knows how and is willing to make a rule bot for Discord, your help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
05/27/16 @ 16:49   Server is now functional and OPEN.  Building has started on the Facility Infiltration CTF.  Picture to be posted later.
05/31/16 @ 16:46   Built some areas already:
  • Entry room with lots of pillars.  Really good place for battles with both ranged and melee.
  • Train bypass area.  Temporary Magnus Foundation spawn.
  • Outside helicopter landing point.  Unfinished Hammilton Co. spawn, but it will be one spawn, potentially one of two.
  • Air filtration room.  Connected other air ducts to this room.  Also has explosive barrels and stuff.  Unfinished, has connection to small office area.
  • Added a bunch of small dead trees on the desert floor.
  • Started on a security camera event system with that office in the hallway.
06/06/16 @ 19:11   Discord server now has a bot.  Jukebox corner is now functional with music-playing capabilities.  Discord rules automated by bot.
06/10/16 @ 04:30   Server has switched focus to Trial by Iron.

Updates to the build include:
  • Completed terrain base.
  • Some wooded areas completed.  Home to healing hyndelberries and savage bears!
  • Tall grass covers the island.
  • Cave added (Godspeed, jitank) with an enemy lizardman who guards chance lootcrates.
  • Axes found lodged in some trees by forgetful or perhaps unfortunate woodsmen.

(Click to join)

Discord rules and info is now sent to you upon joining by our new bot, Aethex.

NameBL_IDPositions/Credits
Tuevon14257Host, Builder, Eventer
Lord Magnus14736Discord Super Admin, Server Super Admin
jitank######Server Super Admin, Builder
Pompmaker125760Server Admin, Discord Admin, Builder
Honno42358Discord Admin, Server Admin

You can donate to this server by clicking the "Support" tile above.  You will be redirected away form this page, and then back should you donate or cancel.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:24:21 PM by SWAT One »

Cliffside Infiltration CTF

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 04:11:17 PM by SWAT One »

great build, i love it

Made some updates.  Most significant addition being the air filtration (fan) room.  I'll be on later to build more.

If you weren't on around 5 am PST you missed the punchy bird apocalypse.

Also server is changing focus.  Stay tuned.

If you weren't on around 5 am PST you missed the punchy bird apocalypse.

Also server is changing focus.  Stay tuned.
was gon say, nothing wrong with a Punchy Bird apocalypse but I really wanted to build something

also nice CTF, can't wait until you guy's start hosting it.

I got some new pictures of the new map for Trial by Iron.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 07:27:48 AM by halonerfer29 »

More pictures! Now with more picture clicky!

Updates:
  • Town started, featuring manor house, started workshop, customs house, stable, and a completed and fully-functional bank.  Values are persistent, so you can start earning money now.
  • Music and sound ambience is SO much better now  Birds and cicadas are active during the day, but not at night.  The clock events are now fixed, including synchronization.  Bell Tower bricks ring at 6a, 9a, 12p, 3p, 6p and 9p.
  • Spawn hall created.  Anyone who unlocks a slayer team may build a room in this spawn hall and is free to select which room they can use.
  • Torches in map have smoother lighting transitions.

Near future to-do list:
  • Make it so you can chop down trees for money rather than having to gather berries.
  • Reduce number of bears.
  • Manipulate events when player joins a minigame so that player persistence still spawns you with the appropriate items, but in the appropriate place.
  • Make formal building toolset in spawn hall for donators so that they can build within the spawn hall rooms that they get.  Event "to map" pads so that any building items are removed.
  • Complete blacksmith shop.
  • Complete customs house.

This is really exiting

Oh, and I should mention, the Ywazinski Clan now has a sign-in area and team room.

Since the spawn hall is one big hallway, I'm thinking if making a tram to get from one side to the other.

Edit: And also added sharks, so if someone tries to leave, they get munched.  Reduced bears and made them not respawn immediately any more.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 02:12:38 PM by SWAT One »

Recently, the server is experiencing major issues with synchronization which I suspect is a memory problem with the server or a back-end problem out of our control, as the server began acting up days ago, and only took an exponential turn for the worst in the last few hours, despite no attempts to implement unusual features.

I have contacted BlockNet support and hope to hear back soon so that this issue will be resolved.  The server will be down until further notice.  We are sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.  Any supporters will not be held to team-keeping obligations during this downtime.  Thank you for bearing with us.

This message was also delivered on the Discord server.

if you haven't reset your server in the past month that may be why things are acting up

if you haven't reset your server in the past month that may be why things are acting up
that won't harm any prefs or add-ons, right?

And to clarify, you're not talking about just restarting it, right?  I'm guessing you mean the "update server" option?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 01:12:45 PM by SWAT One »