Author Topic: The End of Blockland's Online Support?  (Read 5659 times)

About half an hour ago before writing this, I was playing on a Prison Escape server when all the players had quite a surprise...

...we had a visit from the owner of Blockland, Badspot.

(FYI: The server is "Tezuni's Prison Escape".)

That's right everyone, Blockland may soon to be no more. Without online servers, the game is let alone simple and dull. We've reached the end of our fun experience.

Not much players are left online today, so it makes sense for Badspot to shut them down for good. I'd recommend that you all pay your last visits to the online community while you still can. I know I sure will. But maybe there's hope: maybe if we can gather enough people, we can show Badspot that we still care for Blockland, enough to keep it up for another month or two. And then fund the server costs from there through donations and funding.
That's just an idea, but as of now, I don't see anything changing.

And for all you who don't believe this whole scenario, I don't blame you for your disbelief. Anyone could log on as "Badspot" and say whatever they want. But being automatically added to administrator? To be honest, I'm not sure. It could have been an admin that went and pulled a prank, or who knows what.

Still, with not knowing the exact truth of this all, I think we should all prepare for doomsday and play the last few multiplayer sessions ever of Blockland.

Let's just all hope that this is in fact a prank, and not serious.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:19:57 AM by speeddog73 »

nope, I checked with tez and it DEFINITELY wasn't a prank
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:31:06 AM by Drydess »

it's just a prank bro

I remember him randomly coming on a super creeper server about a year or two ago saying this and nothing happened. Probably nothing going to happen two weeks from now either

That's quite depressing......I suppose it could be the end of Blockland. :(

I remember him randomly coming on a super creeper server about a year or two ago saying this and nothing happened. Probably nothing going to happen two weeks from now either
this gives me hope

Why is Badspot on the auto admin list?

EDIT: IT'S FAKE.

Okay it's time to brown townyze some of this. It's really easy to fake ingame name and a lot harder to fake BL_ID (though I've been on servers where people did it).

Why would Badspot be Auto-Admin? It seems really unlikely that Tez would've done that just for no reason.

So it seems most probably that he ran a quick script to change him name, and connected (as an admin). He writes that in the chat, and disconnect before anyone can see his false ID.

If this was real, Badspot probably would've posted on the forums. It's 99.99% likely Tezuni, and 0.01% likely a prank from Baddy.

We're fine.

Aaaaaaaand looks like I was right. My man Conan (who's an admin) confirmed that Badspot never joined:

... badspot shouldn't be auto admin unless someone added him as it. i'm guessing tezuni thought it'd be funny to connect under a false name to scare you guys

edit: i know blockland 2 is thrown around as a joke but if badspot made it he would earn a ton of cash. he has a dedicated fanbase of tens of thousands who would instantly purchase a sequel.

not saying it would be a good game or a good idea, just profitable
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:45:46 AM by McZealot »

guys, he's just trying to end support for blockland so more people will buy Blockland 2

@Defendor, I hope it's some situation like that. Hopefully it will be. Although it all makes sense now due to the lack of players online and server activity.

@Shift Kitty, I highly bet that he coded his BLID into Blockland/Blockland's main servers for forced administrator.

guys, he's just trying to end support for blockland so more people will buy Blockland 2
or to get more people to play the singleplayer blockland adventure mode

@Shift Kitty, I highly bet that he coded his BLID into Blockland/Blockland's main servers for forced administrator.
Wrong, he's joined plenty of servers and didn't get auto admin.

or to get more people to play the singleplayer blockland adventure mode
or maybe blockland is just a giant advertising campaign for blockland gold???

@Defendor, I hope it's some situation like that. Hopefully it will be. Although it all makes sense now due to the lack of players online and server activity.
but its playercount has literally been the same for years.

Okay it's time to brown townyze some of this. It's really easy to fake ingame name and a lot harder to fake BL_ID (though I've been on servers where people did it).

Why would Badspot be Auto-Admin? It seems really unlikely that Tez would've done that just for no reason.

So it seems most probably that he ran a quick script to change him name, and connected (as an admin). He writes that in the chat, and disconnect before anyone can see his false ID.

If this was real, Badspot probably would've posted on the forums. It's 99.99% likely Tezuni, and 0.01% likely a prank from Baddy.

We're fine.

Aaaaaaaand looks like I was right. My man Conan (who's an admin) confirmed that Badspot never joined:
its pretty clear this is a prank. badspot does not show up on the brick management menu on the server.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:45:23 AM by McZealot »