Author Topic: [Weapon] Laser Trip-mine - Update: BETA RAMP FUNCTIONALITY (2.0.0)  (Read 12781 times)

keep up the good work holy stuff

im not so sure giving people default wrenches in minigames is a good idea
maybe use the pipe wrench instead? the one that repairs vehicles?

Yeah I thought about that one for sure, I didn't really know of a good wrench add-on. I was gonna make a defusing kit for the next update (still will). Can I get a link to the pipe wrench? Oughta be pretty easy to work out

keep up the good work holy stuff

create an entire circle full of trip-mines and walk through it

create an entire circle full of trip-mines and walk through it

like this??

Unfortunately however most custom brick normals appear to be inaccurate and there's just nothing I can do about it besides try and raise awareness of it. Not that I blame them, I mean, even some of the normals on default bricks are just slightly off, but not completely broken. Everything that has accuratish normals between 25 degrees and 80 degrees should work I guess

(custom bricks pulled from "brick_extraRamps")
Example of broken normals on a custom brick:

Example of correct normals on a custom brick:

I'm gonna look into it more. The add-on probably needs a re-write from the ground up if custom bricks will ever work. Normals themselves are really loving hard to decode

Yeah I thought about that one for sure, I didn't really know of a good wrench add-on. I was gonna make a defusing kit for the next update (still will). Can I get a link to the pipe wrench? Oughta be pretty easy to work out
Pick it up at an rtb archive, like this one: swololol.com/rtb

I can't place this on bricks, help?

Okay fixed it

Can you make a pref to make the amount of time the tripmine lasts infinite?

Can you make a pref to make the amount of time the tripmine lasts infinite?

Realistically I don't think I should, kinda irresponsible. The current maximum is close to 17 minutes. What do you need it for?

I approve

Thanks for your help with this

Realistically I don't think I should, kinda irresponsible. The current maximum is close to 17 minutes. What do you need it for?
Base Raiders, people can purchase a trip mine to defend their base for quite some money. It doesn't work too good if it's just going to disappear after a bit.

Base Raiders, people can purchase a trip mine to defend their base for quite some money. It doesn't work too good if it's just going to disappear after a bit.

Makes sense. I'll add it in the next update. Until then you can type this in the console:
Code: [Select]
$LaserTripminePref::TripTime = 99999999;And that should allow you to place mines for around 27 hours. Don't set it too high, or it'll go to -1, which instantly deletes mines (for now)

SNARKS

NOW

QWASDFWSEGQWERGA

SNARKS

NOW

QWASDFWSEGQWERGA
That would mean that the snarks would have to attack you as well.

That would mean that the snarks would have to attack you as well.
basically they'd probably be bots

is that even possible though?

basically they'd probably be bots

is that even possible though?

I've been thinking about it for a while. Realistically you'd just have to set up a type of bot like the Zombie that attacks people when it spawns. Making an item spawn a bot shouldn't be that difficult.