Author Topic: How do I rename addons?  (Read 1664 times)

I want to rename addons so some won't have the same name, therefore when I load bricks, it would not confuse T+T with Gravity Cat's weapon's ammo packs.

You'll have to go into the .cs files of one of the add-ons and find a line similar to
Code: [Select]
datablock itemData(AmmoPileBigData)
Then change the text in the parentheses.

Oops. I mean't when you find that line, look for the next line that looks something like
uiName = "Ammo Pile Big";
and change the words in the quotations.

Oops. I mean't when you find that line, look for the next line that looks something like
uiName = "Ammo Pile Big";
and change the words in the quotations.
Got it, changing addon names now

Wait, there's a little bug with it.
I renamed an addon (like a Shotgun to a Pump Action) and it didn't appear. Any way to fix this?
I entered in:
uiName = "Pump Action";Yet when I start it up, I search it up, its not there.

Did you do anything else than change that one line?
Give console.log please

Here.

Wait, there's a little bug with it.
I renamed an addon (like a Shotgun to a Pump Action) and it didn't appear. Any way to fix this?
I entered in:
uiName = "Pump Action";Yet when I start it up, I search it up, its not there.
I don't think you're allowed to use spaces in names of things, you have to use underscores _
Thats what you have to do with bricks but it's probably the same with anything else

I don't think you're allowed to use spaces in names of things, you have to use underscores _
Thats what you have to do with bricks but it's probably the same with anything else
This is wrong. You can use almost any character in a UI name.

brick ui names can have spaces :P

its just certain names/objects can't have spaces, not all. since ui names are just displayed on the screen and not used for anything else afaik it can be whatever you set it to pretty much.

Wait, the name is usually in the weapon's .cs file?

Wait, the name is usually in the weapon's .cs file?
Why yes, together with all the other information about the weapon.
What did you change?

What did you change?
I changed the uiname =
Still, its not appearing in addons

if the addons have the same datablock name they'll overwrite each other. same UI names actually doesn't matter - there'll just be two items that have the same name and you'll have to spawn them to see the difference

you need to rename the ammo datablock(s) in one of the item packs. find and replace all instances of that name within that addon's folder's .cs files

Thing is, its this: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=298127.0\
Defaultish weapons don't have ammo (I think), renaming worked for T+T and GC Weapons.