Birthday coming up; Looking at getting a nice pair of headphones as a gift.

Author Topic: Birthday coming up; Looking at getting a nice pair of headphones as a gift.  (Read 1497 times)

how comfortable are they?

they're really comfortable, man. I'm talking about the ATH-M30's, so they might be a little different on the M50's, but otherwise they have a ton of cushioning and I tend to forget that they're on my head, half of the time.

though I will warn you that you might get a little warm due to all the padding

they're really comfortable, man. I'm talking about the ATH-M30's, so they might be a little different on the M50's, but otherwise they have a ton of cushioning and I tend to forget that they're on my head, half of the time.

though I will warn you that you might get a little warm due to all the padding
alright.

Well, I cannot imagine the more expensive version would be less comfortable, lol

Sound is the thinking of life....

Want maximum comfort and lovey sound?
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHP9500-Precision-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B00ENMK1DW
trust me
My only concern is that they're open backed, and um... Not sure I want my family hearing what I'm listening to, lol

My only concern is that they're open backed, and um... Not sure I want my family hearing what I'm listening to, lol

You really have to blast them for people to clearly hear what you're listening to.

You really have to blast them for people to clearly hear what you're listening to.
Alright, well I'll keep them on the list. Thanks!

this whole "studio headphones aren't for music" is just crap

you'll actually hear the music how it's supposed to sound (as it'll be mastered on studio headphones 95% of the time) and if you don't like it it's not like you can't tune them

I also have an issue where headsets will make indentations in my hair, so I wear mine behind the neck.

Anyone have the Sennheiser HD 598s? They're a little pricey, but I've heard good things about them...

I can tell you that when I bought the ATH-M50X, I was catching way more sound on music than I used to.

I can tell you that when I bought the ATH-M50X, I was catching way more sound on music than I used to.
What are your opinions on the comfort of them?