Author Topic: Gloria Victis - All of Furdle's dreams have been answered.  (Read 1181 times)

Hello friends.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=225671457

Gloria Victis is a medieval MMORPG with a focus on PvP, crafting, and character progression.

Here's my review so far (Alpha)
+ Chivalry style combat
+ PvP works really well
+ Realistic crafting system
+ Game looks great

- No quests
- Crafting system can take a while
- Its still in development so there's quite a few bugs right now
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 05:59:11 AM by Lord Furdle »

Two hours in. Seems confusing as forget but seems like a decent game. Lots of alpha bugs though.

Finally, a mount and blade mmo :V

Combat is pretty much the same as mount and blade. Found myself in a guild today and we raided a village and then established it as our stronghold. We upgraded all the stuff inside and defended it from the other teams.
Seems like already I've got my money's worth of fun from it. Havent had a whole lot of time to play it but it's really fun. I'll probably turn this into an extended alpha review.

+ Chivalry style combat
+ PvP works really well
+ Realistic crafting system

- No quests
- Crafting system can take a while

Lots of negative reviews, what's up with that? The game seems a lot like Of Knights and Men, so I might check it out.

Because people are loving idiots and don't understand what alpha means.

how's the framerate?
As it's an alpha build it actually has an FPS counter on screen. Although these built in counters aren't always accurate, I run pretty well at around 40 fps. Running a gtx 970.

As it's an alpha build it actually has an FPS counter on screen. Although these built in counters aren't always accurate, I run pretty well at around 40 fps. Running a gtx 970.
that's one thing that worries me. i honestly can't stand anything less than 60 lol

I'd like to add that the servers are pretty nicely managed. Spread out throughout the world. When a server becomes nearly full, a new server will open in that region automatically.

that's one thing that worries me. i honestly can't stand anything less than 60 lol
BUT THE HUMAN EYE CANT EVEN SEE THAT MANY FRAMES!!!!!! BUSH DID 7/11!!!!!!!!!!

I run pretty well at around 40 fps. Running a gtx 970.
i too have a gtx 970 and that's ark-level optimization
i can run dark souls 3 on max consistently at 60+ in the framedrop zones

yeah the optimization sounds bad

buuut ALPHER so

Oh yeah the optimization is pretty terrible, it would be dumb to compare it to a finished triple A game like Darksouls 3. Turning the graphics down helps improve it.

Got really pissed off at the game today when I spent a while collecting materials to make a new bag and when I crafted it, I didn't get the bag. Asked in chat and someone said its bugged :'( Wish they put up a developer note on the crafting panel.

ok

i really want this game

im going to strike it out in some inhospitable stuffhole and form a guild

thinking i'll call it Vigiliae ad Industria

I'm usually on EU west if you wanna play