Meh
14 (21.5%)
No
14 (21.5%)
forget NO
21 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: V22  (Read 3781 times)

Also, the shaders would be locked to Off when you load a map.
huh
this actually would make way more sense then just having got rid of them completely

Why are people still harping on maps like there's a possibility of them coming back

Maybe if I want maps back, Badspot might re-implement them!!

Maps sucked and you are blinded by nostalgia.

The GSF terrain system is way better.

There's lots of other things I'd rather have in Blockland than maps.

Wait what's the mission editor
Am I missing something here?

It was a map editor so you could destroy edit the maps' terrain. It was only accessible with a command in the launchers properties.

Add back the old maps like bedroom, make old v20 maps compatable with V22

I actually thought you were serious.

Wait a second.

It was a map editor so you could destroy edit the maps' terrain. It was only accessible with a command in the launchers properties.
It's still around but the only real use for it is spawning trees

It's still around but the only real use for it is spawning trees
It's still super useful actually as you can see all the objects on your server and their IDs, as well as use the GUI editor which makes creating GUIs a lot easier.

I do have a suggestion. Although, it may not be the answer everyone's wishing to hear.

As many of you may know, Port had released a standalone, unsupported version of v20. It retains all of the old gimmicks, including the maps and interiors. It works well on its own, as I am able to run the most recent Add-ons (Including the new Duplicator and such), and only works on Windows. Overall, it works well. What am I suggesting?

I'm suggesting a "Community" release of V21. We take all of the improvements and bugs Badspot has made (minus the shaders) and repair the unsupported version. For those who would be truly nostalgic, they would be more than welcome to take a crack at this so-called 'update', while new users have the ability to choose between the Maps variant and the Shaders variant.

It's possible, no?

my requests:
a. implement foreach
b. stop sending player data of players that are behind walls (this would require a massive overhaul)
c. attempt to make Blockland multicored (idk if it is ATM)
d. upgrade the TGE version, this isn't 2007
e. improve physics/vehicle physics
f. make it simpler to turn off flood protection
g. get rid of the old pathing algorithms and replace them with port's
h. fix schedule(0,0,hi()); (this crashes the game)
(this will take a lot of work so I don't expect any of these to make it in)
(also I'm probably wrong on a lot of things feel free to correct me)

I do have a suggestion. Although, it may not be the answer everyone's wishing to hear.

As many of you may know, Port had released a standalone, unsupported version of v20. It retains all of the old gimmicks, including the maps and interiors. It works well on its own, as I am able to run the most recent Add-ons (Including the new Duplicator and such), and only works on Windows. Overall, it works well. What am I suggesting?

I'm suggesting a "Community" release of V21. We take all of the improvements and bugs Badspot has made (minus the shaders) and repair the unsupported version. For those who would be truly nostalgic, they would be more than welcome to take a crack at this so-called 'update', while new users have the ability to choose between the Maps variant and the Shaders variant.

It's possible, no?
Hi there, thanks for the input, just leave your dreams there on the floor so I can smash them.

Firstly, using the master server by Baddy would mean outdated servers would pop up for everyone. Trying to join outside your version wouldn't work, and you'd wait a full boot time just to switch between versions? Not to mention it's going to have a seperate settings, addons folder, avatars, etc, as well as never being able to move saves between the two versions.

And if you're planning on totally giving up on the newer version and entirely clinging to the old, Baddy himself explained that it'd split the community in half, because half would be working with newer shaders and support (it's entirely better, on the technical side), and half would just use whatever the old one had. Meaning eventually addons would break between them and splitting the modders apart, meaning less modders for whichever side you're on.

So, to prevent the destruction of the community, Badspot just bans any servers running maps.

Tl;Dr: Harder to play with both versions, catastrophic to pick a side. Baddy currently bans "retro" servers to avoid this happening, no questions asked.

Anybody else feel free to point out if I missed or misunderstood the flaws, but I think this is a watertight summary of why no maps.
/Thread