orientation

Republican
17 (41.5%)
Democrat
10 (24.4%)
Other
14 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Political Polls [Pt.2: Political orientation]  (Read 9470 times)

Lol

Pistols only for self-defense. Shotguns and rifles for hunting is fine. Just not for hunting people.

Rocket Launchers i agree with. Why the forget should the general population have those? Its for the military.

Missiles? Same as the above.

Nukes? Do you think everyone can just walk into a walmart and buy a nuke? Do you take the people who wrote our already existing weapon laws for idiots or something? Nobody has those and nobody will actually want those.
Wait, you weren't actually taking these seriously were you lol

Lol

Pistols only for self-defense. Shotguns and rifles for hunting is fine. Just not for hunting people.
except you can't guarantee that they won't be used for "hunting people"

any gun should be allowed for any self defense, putting restrictions on what to use and what not to use only puts the defender in more danger, and the aggressor in a better position.

Wait, you weren't actually taking these seriously were you lol
No. I was responding to those inclusions with ridicule.

http://www.assaultweapon.info/

You might enjoy this.

any gun should be allowed for any self defense, putting restrictions on what to use and what not to use only puts the defender in more danger, and the aggressor in a better position.
In the end though its outright impractical to carry a rifle or shotgun as a self defense weapon. Pistols will always excel in this category. I don't carry my old Mauser k98 on my back in public. (a very old "assault rifle" btw  :cookieMonster:)

In the end though its outright impractical to carry a rifle or shotgun as a self defense weapon. Pistols will always excel in this category. I don't carry my old Mauser k98 on my back in public. (a very old "assault rifle" btw  :cookieMonster:)
oh no absolutely, but a rifle or shotgun is perfectly practical for defending your property/home, where you can store it instead of carrying it around.

A small firearm is enough to defend yourself and your home.

And no you can't guarantee people won't use those bigger guns for things other than hunting. You can however take their guns away if they do, or put them in jail.

Some points on gun control:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UFyNy-rw4
Also, while looking around, I found this:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/mass-shootings-in-america/
One of the interesting points in the above link: 78% of the guns used where the method of obtaining them is known were obtained through legal methods. So no, the criminals will not necessarily have guns if guns are banned.
Another interesting article:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35048251
In summary, it wouldn't work in the U.S. because of the historical second amendment (which could be changed), the speed of the U.S. government (all the legislation in Australia was passed in 12 days, imagine getting all 50 states to agree on anything in 12 days), and American culture (which is more difficult, it took over 100 years to get Americans to legally accept that people with larger quantities of melanin had rights).

Incidentally, you can buy nuclear submarines from the Russian Mafia[1], and possibly nukes[citation needed]. Obviously not legally[2] or through Walmart[citation needed]. Thanks, fall of the Soviet Union.

A small firearm is enough to defend yourself and your home.

And no you can't guarantee people won't use those bigger guns for things other than hunting. You can however take their guns away if they do, or put them in jail.
you're not one to decide what is enough and what is too little, if someone decides to invade my home with a rifle of any sort I'm not going to be on the short end of the stick, whether you like it or not.

and before you go "well you're not one to decide what is enough either", well actually we have every right to decide what's enough. If I want to defend myself/property that I worked for, I'll defend it with whatever I choose, not have someone else who's completely unrelated to me or anything having to do with my life dictate how my future is procured by allowing me this over that. If you feel like pistols are better and safer/more effective then you do you, meanwhile If I feel rifles/shotguns are safer/more effective you'll stay out of my life and let me live it and keep my tools to defend myself when the time comes.

and taking their guns away and jailing them won't stop them from killing, it'll only stop more occurring.

Some points on gun control:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UFyNy-rw4
Also, while looking around, I found this:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/mass-shootings-in-america/
One of the interesting points in the above link: 78% of the guns used where the method of obtaining them is known were obtained through legal methods. So no, the criminals will not necessarily have guns if guns are banned.
Another interesting article:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35048251
In summary, it wouldn't work in the U.S. because of the historical second amendment (which could be changed), the speed of the U.S. government (all the legislation in Australia was passed in 12 days, imagine getting all 50 states to agree on anything in 12 days), and American culture (which is more difficult, it took over 100 years to get Americans to legally accept that people with larger quantities of melanin had rights).
I'm going to bed right now so I'll watch those in the morning, but in the meantime remember that the reason 78% of those guns were obtained legally is because guns are legal to begin with, there's no point in obtaining an illegal firearm when you can save yourself the trouble and get one legally, but then you have the 22% who can't get one legally and get one illegally anyways.

It wouldn't work here because the second amendment can't be changed, no matter what, and if it is changed you guarantee a Civil War Revolution, not because people want to keep them to kill (although there are those people), but because you have people who want to defend themselves with a gun instead of fending off an invader with a knife. And to those people, someone who's taking their guns away is the exact same as a burglar invading their home, so they will defend themselves. Not to mention how you expect to ban weapons when the US can only track the 3 billion registered ones out of the 9 billion guns in the entire country, leaving 6 billion unregistered weapons a mystery.

not to mention guns are the primary reason the US is the superpower it is today (in an unfortunate manner, as our government is stuff) as no one's tried to invade us. We're not safe from other countries because of our military or government, we're safe because there are enough guns to give to every man, woman, and child, still counting constant newborn babies. So if someone invades this country, foreign or internal, unless they nuke and bomb the stuff out of every square inch, they're going to have a pretty hard time.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 02:27:19 AM by rambo1220 »

It wouldn't work here because the second amendment can't be changed, no matter what, and if it is changed you guarantee a Civil War Revolution, not because people want to keep them to kill (although there are those people), but because you have people who want to defend themselves with a gun instead of fending off an invader with a knife. And to those people, someone who's taking their guns away is the exact same as a burglar invading their home, so they will defend themselves. Not to mention how you expect to ban weapons when the US can only track the 3 billion registered ones out of the 9 billion guns in the entire country, leaving 6 billion unregistered weapons a mystery.

The second amendment can be changed. Ever heard of the 18th amendment?
On another of your points, Canada/England invaded 1812-1814, and it was repelled by diplomacy mostly.
However, Admiral Yamamoto famously stated the impossibility of invading the U.S., stating there would be "a rifle behind every blade of grass." Although, what country wouldn't arm its civilians in the event of invasion. And furthermore, the populace having guns does nothing to make the U.S. a superpower. It's the military and economy, really.  Addressing the rest of your points would pretty much be repeating the first two links in my post, though.

Edit: and they say history education is useless.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 02:52:06 AM by Magus »

It's the military and economy, really.  
Which we're actively trying to make smaller and forget over. Guns having anything to do with being a superpower isn't true, you're correct. Guns are about letting people keep their own strength against a government should it ever choose to overstep its boundaries as set up by our laws.

Guns have multiple uses, they are a deterrent to agendas which would be harmful to the individual, they are good for hunting and they are good for self defense. The ONLY reason anyone would want to disarm our citizens is to further increase the size of government and shift the power pool to their favor. A balance has to be kept. Mass shootings are caused by people with character issues and sickly minds, to blame the weapon and deem the entire population lacking in responsibility for owning such weapons is stupid. Sensationalist fuel for a bigger motive in the long run.

Friendly reminder that Riddler outlawed guns when he got into power

The second amendment can be changed. Ever heard of the 18th amendment?
On another of your points, Canada/England invaded 1812-1814, and it was repelled by diplomacy mostly..
No, it can not be changed and if it ever is then it is plain illegal. The difference between the 2nd and 18th amendment is that this country was built upon the 2nd amendment along with the many others, they even declared it was here to stay as a repellent agains-
deterrent to agendas which would be harmful to the individual, they are good for hunting and they are good for self defense. The ONLY reason anyone would want to disarm our citizens is to further increase the size of government and shift the power pool to their favor. A balance has to be kept.
oh well there you go.

and what do you mean it was repelled by diplomacy? It was repelled because they eventually hit a stalemate, but otherwise it was mainly the military instead of citizens fighting.

but on that note we came out as the victor during the Revolution due to our rights to bear arms to begin with, our military got forgeted but then the %3 of american citizens that stayed to defend wooped their ass, not just because they had rifles, but rather because they knew the land and the brits didn't.

finally molten says something good for once. Any time a country tries to take away arms, it's only in the name of malicious intent, rather than the "safety of others".

the 2nd amendment can be changed in theory

it's just that there's no way in hell you're getting 3/4 of the states or 2/3 of congress on board to amend the constitution for it.

godwin's law is really weirdly accurate

reasonable gun control is done to attack violent crime; an authoritarian regime stealing people's property is a different story
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:05:05 PM by otto-san »

the 2nd amendment can be changed in theory

it's just that there's no way in hell you're getting 3/4 of the states or 2/3 of congress on board to amend the constitution for it.
well yes it can be changed, but changing it would be incredibly illegal even if it's through congress and start a revolution lol

well yes it can be changed, but changing it would be incredibly illegal even if it's through congress and start a revolution lol
constitutional amendments can't really be illegal; the constitution is the highest law and anything written in it is absolute

also the process to amend the constitution is rigorous enough that an amendment doesn't have a chance if it would start a revolution. two-thirds of congress alone is hard enough, 75% of state legislatures is even harder