Author Topic: [NEWS] 50 dead, 53 injured in Orlando, FL gay club shooting  (Read 30248 times)

Gay marriage is legalized, there isn't anything to fight for anymore.
not really concerned about the rights of lgbt people. they have nothing left to fight for in America

islam has never been and will never be a religion of peace

i love the implication that thew islamic religion is what causes terrorism. thats why there are so many terrorists from india, a country with a muslim population almost 3 times that of california. or indonesia, a nation with 200 million muslims. it's almost like people with decent lives and decent minds don't want to blow themselves up for allah.

islam has never been and will never be a religion of peace
Historically Islam has been far more peaceful than Christianity, traditionally perhaps the bloodiest religion in History. Terrorism is a modern movement.

Yeah and "progressive" people (or whatever the opposite of this weeks new tendy buzzword is) are pretty good at refusing to "figure the world out" in fear of being called islamophobic or whatever, and that's how they become a corpse in a nightclub

What are you even saying? Are you trying to reason that because they considered themselves progressives that they deserve to die?

Yeah and "progressive" people (or whatever the opposite of this weeks new tendy buzzword is) are pretty good at refusing to "figure the world out" in fear of being called islamophobic or whatever, and that's how they become a corpse in a nightclub
being prejudiced against muslims isn't going to save you from being randomly shot, tho i guess you probably aren't actually making that argument since that's a ridiculous idea

and it's not so much fear of people thinking i'm an starfish as much as it is the idea of being an starfish. people manage their fears differently, people who are "islamophobic" (i don't like using x-phobic as a way to identify this kind of stuff) decide that they need to find patterns to be able to handle their fears, so they project them broadly onto whatever characteristics they feel will help them identify the fear. it's a basic psychological skill that's evolutionarily incredibly useful, but impractical these days, especially when the affected group is so large and filled exclusively with completely independent variables. do you think "progressives" honestly don't have these fears at all? of course they do, they just manage them different ways, and probably have to catch themselves so their brain doesn't learn patterns that don't exist

Historically Islam has been far more peaceful than Christianity, traditionally perhaps the bloodiest religion in History. Terrorism is a modern movement.
Are you gonna pull the "But the Crusaaaaades!!!111!" card

What are you even saying? Are you trying to reason that because they considered themselves progressives that they deserve to die?
He's saying that progressives are so concerned with being inclusive of everyone they fail to see how different people fundamentally cannot get along with each other. You can be a homoloveual progressive liberal against Islamophobia, but that does not mean a follower of Islam will be accepting of you.

He's saying that progressives are so concerned with being inclusive of everyone they fail to see how different people fundamentally cannot get along with each other. You can be a homoloveual progressive liberal against Islamophobia, but that does not mean a follower of Islam will be accepting of you.

That makes much more sense. Thanks.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gay-pride-la-weapons-20160612-snap-story.html
they just arrested some other guy near a gay pride parade in LA, he was heavily armed

i was really confused at first and it just now occurred to me what the point of this was

tho it's being framed as a islamic problem and not an LGBT problem, ofc the two aren't mutually exclusive