Author Topic: We should get ready for the summer sale players  (Read 10663 times)

That server used to be very fun so pleaaase
Is runners v snipers worth bringing back cause I'd gladly host
Literally was making a server like this but was deterred from making it by multiple people because "it wouldn't be fun"

It will be an exciting time, yes.  It will be even better if we can present the game in a more positive light.

We can improve the quality of the playerbase if we patiently take the time to answer many of the newcomer's questions and teach them accordingly.  In the long run, this means more people will want to stay.  Avoid monologues unless asked a complicated question, people prefer being listened to.

A very simple but effective strategy in helping people to understand how a particular game mode like Battlemix works would be to post a link to the forum page of Battlemix in the server as a welcome-message link.  Many servers have done this before, and I found it helpful when I was new.  It will also give them something to read as they wait for the files to download, not everyone has huge caches.

However, we must also be more careful in administrating servers.  Administrators should observe new players carefully to tell the difference between people who are genuinely confused, and people who are just there to cause trouble.

In short, we should be careful about how we treat them if we want to keep them.

My Falling Tiles is up and running. Always a fun server for all players.

I don't think I'll be able to participate today, which sucks. If so, I'll definitely have my Star Wars server and forum topic up at least by 2:00 PM CST.

I'm putting up deathrace.

EDIT: It's up!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:09:58 AM by .Kong123. »

I'm putting up deathrace.

EDIT: It's up!

Does the Deathrace still time out every single time a round ends?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 03:46:29 PM by tber123 »

This year it's only $6.27, and 2 years ago, when I joined it was $2.50 per key, and $10 for a 4 pack

I AM PREPARED! I have a new server that hasn't been a thing in a while... Spacebuild! Hosted it for a bit a while back, but nobody joined...
Someone was asking for a floating city freebuild. I've one-upped that and put it in space instead of the sky. It's got Hackplant and the Delete Launcher, so you can build floating stuff anywhere you want. Also Support_GroundNone, so while you still can't build under zero, you can still fall past where the ground normally is.

I think a lot of people are going to skip over this. The negative reviews and the small discount aren't going to help it very much.

Which sucks, because the basis for a lot of the negative reviews has to do with people not liking drama yet continuously going to it instead of avoiding it.

I think a lot of people are going to skip over this. The negative reviews and the small discount aren't going to help it very much.

Which sucks, because the basis for a lot of the negative reviews has to do with people not liking drama yet continuously going to it instead of avoiding it.
This. Still not many people

Yeah. Especially the people who are going to label it as some Minecraft clone.

Woa, youre right... I should get my ideas ready and actually start playing blockland......maybe

looks like nothing actually happened

i periodically check the playerlist on jailbreak and i noticed how there was only about 1 or 2 people who are likely steam summer sale players on at a time.