help; don't feel like doing anything

Author Topic: help; don't feel like doing anything  (Read 1087 times)

Um... do people not realize it's OK to just have days of not wanting to do anything... and not doing much of anything?

(Hint: It's also known as relaxing.)

Um... do people not realize it's OK to just have days of not wanting to do anything... and not doing much of anything?

but he doesn't want to feel like not doing anything

kill a man
the rush will get you back in the groove

be me and get so loving bored you do something productive just to end the emotional turmoil you feel every day for a small moment

1. get other people involved. get them up on skype or work on a server with them. it's a lot more encouraging when you aren't alone
2. just start working on something. force yourself to do art or build and eventually you'll get into it
3. put on a documentary, podcast, netflix show, or something like that while you work. it might make it more enjoyable
4. go try something new, or something you haven't done in awhile. sometimes when i get bored i'll reinstall an old steam game and try it out again.
5. similar to #1, social activities can help a lot with this sort of thing. after something social and a little stressful like Dungeons & Dragons or a good co-op game, or you know, actual human interaction, you'll enjoy being alone more.
6. turn those lights on. drink some caffeine. if you act like it's night you won't want to work as much.
7. clean up around your area. my work desk tends to go in cycles getting gradually more disgusting and crowded until i finally have enough (weekly?) and spend a really small amount of time (like 3-5 minutes) to clean it up. and once i get that done all the work feels a little better.
8. go outside and get some mild exercise. like walking your dogs or hiking to a nearby store
9. realize that it's okay to not do anything one day. that's the whole point of summer
10. Self Delete by stab

Hint: It's also known as relaxing
demotivation is not relaxing at all. it's quite frustrating, really
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:44:55 PM by McZealot »

Listen to music on pandora like I'm doing right now

wanting to take a break is a completely different concept than wanting to do things but feeling unmotivated, and I don't really understand how you could get them confused

Excercise is great at helping with this kind of thing. Go ride your bike, drink some water, and see how you feel afterwords.

^^ Excercise is a great help, or at least a change of scenery with some natural lighting (aka: outside)

Put your shoes on.
You're more productive with shoes y'kno

went to applebees and ate + got a lot of drawing done, thank for the advice and laughs everyone

and go mountain climbing
are u suggesting that i should kill myself

get a job
that would legit be a nice thing to do though

Excercise is great at helping with this kind of thing. Go ride your bike, drink some water, and see how you feel afterwords.
ah ok. it's kind of late now but i'll do that tomorrow

Even if you can't find motivation to draw, keep doodling. Also exercise, socialize, whatever

buy some bleach

and clean the toilet

all of those things you listen are monotonous and boring. i think you're just bored. take a break.

also, could i see some of your art? i might commission something.

If there is something you need to do then do it anyway, whether you feel like it or not.
You can still draw even if it feels like a chore at the time, but if you have responsibilities to other people then it's your duty to get it done, and you don't actually need to feel like it to do it.
Productivity is the result of self-discipline, aka value your work more than how much it entertains you.