Author Topic: Better Mini Empires [v1] - Wars and Alliances  (Read 5397 times)

WARNING: I was able to test every feature of the add-on pretty extensively and i'm confident that there are 0 major bugs, but i'm still really skeptical that there are no bugs since it's one of my first add-ons and i'm only one person. If you find any, PLEASE report them so I can update.

War & More

I LOVE Mini Empires and i've pretty much played it since I first bought Blockland. I just want to give back to the community by making what I hope is a cool add-on.

Preferences

There are a lot of preferences that you can change. With RTB/Blockland Glass, you can use the server menu (I wouldn't reccommend using Glass, as it seems to bug out in ways that RTB doesn't). Without either of those, you can go into Add-Ons/Server_BetterMERP/mprefs.cs (open .cs files with notepad/wordpad) and change the values.

Heres's a list of all preferences:

$Pref::MERP::NameCharLimit (default at 75): The maximum characters that an empire name can have
$Pref::MERP::DefaultRNum (default at 20): The number that /rolldice will automatically use if you don't type anything
$Pref::MERP::MaxRNum (default at 1000): The maximum number that /rolldice will take (anything above isnt allowed)
$Pref::MERP::EmpTextFontSize (default at 26): The font size of empire chat
$Pref::MERP::EmpPrefixStyle (default at "***"): What appears in your clan prefix in brackets (with your empirecolor)

Features

War Declarations!
/declarewar, /makepeace, /warstatus

I haven't found any other Mini Empires add-ons that actually do this. You can type /declarewar [playername] to announce war, and /makepeace [playername] sends a request to your target to accept or deny peace. You can type /warstatus to find out all of the wars currently happening.

You can't change your empire name while you're at war, to deal with players who just change their name so it looks like they aren't at war.

Alliances!
/makealliance, /breakalliance, /allystatus

You can ask any other player for an alliance by just typing /makealliance [playername]. They get the option to accept or deny with /accept or /deny. If you get tired of an alliance, type /breakalliance [playername] to break it up. Same with wars, you can type /allystatus to list all current alliances.

Empire Names, Colors, and Empire Chat!
/empirename, /empirecolor, /rgbtohex, /whatsmycolor, > (empire chat)

Most Mini Empires add-ons have /empirename and /empirecolor, but this one improves them by fixing some stuff and making it so you can use 10 words for /empirename. /empirecolor only accepts hexadecimal codes and colorset numbers (usually under 100). Also, your clan prefix is changed to be the EmpPrefixStyle (prefs above) colored with your empire's color.

Type /empirename [yournamehere] to set your empirename. If you don't use /empirecolor, it automatically sets your color to be white. If you have an RGB code converted to hexadecimal, use /rgbtohex (r) (g) (b). If you're forgetful, typing /whatsmycolor will tell you your current empire color.

Using /empirecolor and /whatsmycolor

There's also Empire Chat! Begin a message with ">" to start empire chat. However, it only works if you actually have an empire. You can adjust the fonts with the preferences above as well. I might make the prefix to use empire chat (>) changable in preferences, but I don't think its a huge deal.

Empire chat, obviously

Logging!

Every single empire name and empire chat message is logged inside the add-on, under Add-Ons/Server_BetterMERP/logs/empirechat.txt and empirenames.txt. If you don't like this, you can type /togglelogs (host only!) to turn it off.

empnames.txt log

empchat.txt log

Admin Only Commands!

I added some admin-only commands so that you can announce server-wide events, or talk to players.
/godWhisper (target) (message) allows you to send an anonymous message to any random player, so you can tell them to stop breaking the rules or anything like that.
/mAnnounce (message) lets you send a message with a large font to every player in the game, announcing special events like goblin invasions, alien takeovers, or anything cool like that.

Other Commands!

Here are just some misc. commands that are still cool.

/rolldice (number) - Picks a random number between 1 and the number you give it, and announces it to everyone. If you do it without selecting a number it'll do it from 1 and the default random number (look in preferences above).
/empirenamegen - A decently old add-on I made like a year ago. It makes a random empire name for you. Maybe it can generate some special names, too?

/empirenamegen 5 times

/mwhisper (target) (message) - Works the same way as /godWhisper above, but it's not an anonymous message and the target can reply back to you (it's not admin-only either, if you couldntl).

Credits!

Zombiedude - Me! I made this add-on.

Testers: (Bold is great tester, those dudes stayed for an hour or two to help out)

Golem
Eonn44
Deceased Box
Jjosiah98
Pike
Evan Wright
general guneric
SilverSummer
madnesskiller6
Sciphoe
ATrueWarrior

And for the important part..

Downloads!

JustFileHosting
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 07:02:05 PM by ZombieDude »

this add-on seems pretty small in size

uploaded the wrong thing i think, dont dl until i fix it
edit: fixed
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 07:00:52 PM by ZombieDude »

What is Mini Empires and how does it work?

What is Mini Empires and how does it work?
You're given or claim a small section of land and it basically acts as your kingdom. You build bases and walls and stuff that your 'imaginary' empire would have and either stomp everyone else or get stomped. Imagine a numbed down version of dnd except you control armies instead of one character. Albeit these armies aren't actually npcs or units but rather bland brick incantations that serve as an aesthetic.

i cannot download this :(
fix dl link

i cannot download this :(
fix dl link
its because justfilehosting is forgeted up
it'll get fixed eventually