Author Topic: Different Video styles  (Read 355 times)

So I've been doing some video projects lately, and I'm at an impasse.

These videos I'm doing are taking forever to edit because of their format. Basically, there's just one background image accompanied by a whole mess of edited-in visual illustrations like art, clips, photos, text, etc.

Basically, The Game Theory Format.
And if you happen to have a life and can't devote 5+ hours per day to editing, this format takes FOREVER.

So I'm trying to think of another video format. For the subject matter, vlog format with some editing mixed in does not fit.

Some people use stills of characters mixed in with some editing, but then that requires a fitting character and a bunch of still to be drawn. Which- proobably won't work either.

There are timelapsed videos of drawings (draw my life)
Which could work, but is a little weird for the mood I'm going for.

I saw This video in which he kind of recorded his narration whilst bluring a video of himself as the background to some basic editing. Which, could also work, but could end up being weird looking.

So, what other video formats have you guys seen? I know Nostalgia Critic also does a sort of "skit" format of videos, which would probably take far longer than the format I'm doing now. ...Not preferable.