Author Topic: Ordering an electric guitar kit - Thoughts?  (Read 663 times)

because im only just now going through my rebellious years i want the whole deal. i already got skateboarding and art school down, now i want the electric guitar phase too.
i found a good kit its called the Squier Affinity Strat Fender Frontman 10G Amp

https://www.amazon.com/Squier-Affinity-Strat-Fender-Frontman/dp/B008F4UQVQ

its p cheap so my welfare can handle it

what do u guys think? any people that play guitar that can like show me a better kit than this, or should i stick with it?

Well do you already know how to play guitar

Well do you already know how to play guitar
no this is a starter kit

I have this exact guitar, and I'm an intermediate guitar player! It plays pretty well, the frets and neck are nice, but it has some quality issues in other areas. For your first guitar, it's totally fine though. Plus it's RIDICULOUSLY cheap considering you get the whole deal.

I also have some really nice instruments, and I still play this guitar just as much as any of them, so you'll enjoy it.

You can always upgrade later.

Or even swap out the electronics on that one if that's your thing.

Its probably fine. I wouldn't hold a candle to it, it's definitely low teir, but it's an okay starter kit. I still have my guitar that was my "starter kit" guitar. I ended up replacing the bridge pickup in mine to make it bearable in recording. Only problem in mine is that the actual craft of the guitar is kind of sub-par. You'll probably have a problem with intonation, but I guarantee you won't notice it until you become really proficient in your "ear skill".

if you learn guitar and like to just chill out and play, getting an accoustic would be nice

if you learn guitar and like to just chill out and play, getting an accoustic would be nice
all the songs i like are played with electric ): is this an issue?

i already got skateboarding and art school down, now i want the
pshh can u even laser flip

you can play the same songs on both. u just seem more like somebody who wants to chill

Sort of. If you want it to SOUND like the song, then it's an issue. If you just want to PLAY to it, then it isn't. More often then not, it's easier to play acoustic songs on an electric than vice versa.

Edit: to clear it up, this post vouches for getting an electric
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 08:17:17 PM by ShadowsfeaR »

Sort of. If you want it to SOUND like the song, then it's an issue. If you just want to PLAY to it, then it isn't. More often then not, it's easier to play acoustic songs on an electric than vice versa.
also an acoustic would be cheaper. i personally found it easier to learn guitar w/ and acoustic and then get into electric