Author Topic: FIXED Daycycle events would be nice.  (Read 1475 times)

I know this isn't the only request about these events.. Daycycle events argh.. Every time I'd use them on lets say, Collab City
after wasting four hours to finish it let's say I leave because I've got other things to do. When I start my server up later I reload the map
and boy-i'm in for a surprise: "Too many events at once.". Um. No. Wrong, it worked after I finished it why won't it now? EVEN if I restart my server?
I'm assuming it's an error in the event and I want someone to fix it.

Go to 'advanced' when starting a server and set the schedule limit to 1000.

Go to 'advanced' when starting a server and set the schedule limit to 1000.

Is that the max the limit can go? It's already set to 1000.
 Fixed it.. Set it to 2000, locking topic. Edit: I can't lock in this thread..
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 10:56:59 AM by Death The Kid »

Is that the max the limit can go? It's already set to 1000.
it may be because you have a bunch of events that are running the moment it's loaded. 1000 isnt the max but if you're hitting that cap, either you are using something like logic bricks or you have just used way too many at one time.

you can up the limit to 2000 or higher i believe but you should really check if that's necessary in your build design, and try to remedy it without spamming events
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 10:52:39 AM by Conan »

it may be because you have a bunch of events that are running the moment it's loaded. 1000 isnt the max but if you're hitting that cap, either you are using something like logic bricks or you have just used way too many at one time.

you can up the limit to 2000 or higher i believe but you should really check if that's necessary in your build design, and try to remedy it without spamming events

Oh, I am setting daycycle events on ALL building lights using named events and the streetlights making all glow and and such with day cycle. It's because of the building lights mainly..

thats why its going over schedule on loading but not when building - all the events are trying to trigger at the same time after loading, versus while you're building where the events are not so perfectly aligned in time.

You may want to make some bricks that toggle the on/off state of the events of a bunch of these lights and then toggle them on manually after the server is started.

thats why its going over schedule on loading but not when building - all the events are trying to trigger at the same time after loading, versus while you're building where the events are not so perfectly aligned in time.

You may want to make some bricks that toggle the on/off state of the events of a bunch of these lights and then toggle them on manually after the server is started.

If I add event delays will that help?

If I add event delays will that help?
no, since the event schedule still starts at the same time. when you load the build you'll still get the too many schedules issue, but after that it would work.

if you're gonna add delays you might as well just name the bricks instead so you can do
>onactivate > named brick > setEventEnabled [events] [on or off]
on a single brick somewhere else

or have it so that you only have 1 brick with the daycycle event, and it changes the light on a bunch of named bricks.

no, since the event schedule still starts at the same time. when you load the build you'll still get the too many schedules issue, but after that it would work.

if you're gonna add delays you might as well just name the bricks instead so you can do
>onactivate > named brick > setEventEnabled [events] [on or off]
on a single brick somewhere else

or have it so that you only have 1 brick with the daycycle event, and it changes the light on a bunch of named bricks.

I set schedules to 2000 once but my game reconfigs it back to 1000 every time I start a server, any way to fix this?

nope, its a blockland limitation then. you'd need to use a script to work around it, if its even possible to.

just revise your build setup

nope, its a blockland limitation then. you'd need to use a script to work around it, if its even possible to.

just revise your build setup

Could you make a script for me?

Here's an idea:  If you have the event onBrickLoaded or whatever it is, have it disable the events in question and enable them later in chunks at a time on the whole build.

All the building windows are named as "2".