Author Topic: Server not showing up  (Read 1401 times)

I've tried everything I can think of but I'm still not seeing my server on the list. I've tried several port configurations, hosting through steam and nonsteam versions, and nothing seems to work. I'm trying to host a listen server, which I've done on the same router in the past. I don't know what to do.

"Posting to master failed.  Reason: No user"

No idea what causes this, but that's what the cause is for your server not posting to the master.

I saw that but I wasn't able to find a reason either.

I was able to query the master server after disabling all add-ons. I have an old folder, including a few fail-binned add-ons fun/collection purposes. Either something is bugging the system or the game doesn't want me using some of this stuff.

Have you perhaps tried to port forward some time ago?
Your router would still send everything to your old IP, making you unable to host with your current IP.

I tried port forwarding today, and I never needed to in the past. I'm unsure which add-ons if any would be causing the server to break as well.

Update: Dedicated server also doesn't work.

I've also tried running with default add-ons, I only got success in posting to master server with no "Add-Ons" folder.

I'm also really sorry for double posting twice, but this is a pretty severe issue for me.

I've included a log from the dedicated attempt.

"No user/host entry in master server, re-sending authentication request"
Sounds like an issue with your ISP if I'm correct

Actually, if it works with only default add-ons enabled then it's pretty clearly an add-on that is breaking something. You should use the process of elimination to try different combinations of add-ons and narrow it down to the problematic one. Bonus points for posting it here when you find out so it can be added to the crap-on list.

Actually, if it works with only default add-ons enabled then it's pretty clearly an add-on that is breaking something. You should use the process of elimination to try different combinations of add-ons and narrow it down to the problematic one. Bonus points for posting it here when you find out so it can be added to the crap-on list.
I only got it to post correctly with literally no add-ons folder. Log 1 is from a server with nothing in it, 2 is from a server with only default add-ons in the folder.

"No user/host entry in master server, re-sending authentication request"
Sounds like an issue with your ISP if I'm correct

If so, how would I go about fixing it?

I'm able to connect via IP when hosting dedicated, trying to manually post the server gives me a different error message:

==>WebCom_PostServer();

ERROR: WebCom_PostServer() - $Server::Port is not set, game hasn't started yet?
BackTrace: ->ConsoleEntry::eval->webcom_postserver

Full logs attached as always...

Sorry for triple post/bump, but I seriously don't know what to do at this point, the game is almost unplayable for me. Even trying to host on a default gamemode doesn't work, still fails to post to the master server. What does "No User" actually mean on a technical level?

Please try creating a separate installation and running the game with all the game's default add-ons. Post a log from that.

Please try creating a separate installation and running the game with all the game's default add-ons. Post a log from that.

Done.