what characteristics would you classify as a "furry"

Author Topic: what characteristics would you classify as a "furry"  (Read 5738 times)

To be honest I'd only go to a furry con if there were a lot of friends I could meet up with there or if the con would actually be a fun social gathering
Well yeah, that's the point of cons, to hang out.
I only go with friends as well. Road trip together, room together, etc.

whats a bad dragon? :cookieMonster:
A dragon that misbehaves, then you smack that dragon with rolled up newspaper and teach them a lesson

The way I see it you have to participate in the fandom to be considered a furry, I think this for all fandoms.

The way I see it you have to participate in the fandom to be considered a furry, I think this for all fandoms.
What does "participate" mean in this context?

i will never identify as a furry

Contribute art, fan-fics, post on associated message boards?

being a social outcast, having a complete lack of self-worth and making your housepet feel uncomfortable whenever you walk by

poor fido

i was thinking of commissioning some stuff

Contribute art, fan-fics, post on associated message boards, etc

its purely subjective i guess.
i draw anthro art as well as humans and robots. i used to be a furry because it was a very welcoming community for beginning character artist- and fanatics.
i dont consider myself one anymore however since i realized im just a character artist, and definitely not limited to just furry work.
cosplaying is included in this as another creative hobby which would also include 'furry' cosplays, but like i said, its just one ingredient of the large artistic stew i like to brew

a lot of people would see one of my anthro pieces and immidiatly call me a furry, despite me having more human and robot art. i think its irritating
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:32:06 PM by Donnies Catch »

I would be an artist just the thing is, I suck ass at drawing anything animal related and I don't have a drawing tablet so I can't draw digitally

I would be an artist just the thing is, I suck ass at drawing anything animal related and I don't have a drawing tablet so I can't draw digitally
everyone sucks at the beginning and the latter is no excuse

Contribute art, fan-fics, post on associated message boards?
The problem with that definition of furry is it means that people who aren't artists/writers/etc and don't feel like hanging around with people can't be furries, no matter how much they like the content

That's why I just stick with the dictionary defintion of fandom: the state of being a fan of something. If you're a fan of furry content, then you're a furry;
Note: also see my previous post of what "fan" means to go with this:
There's a difference between "liking" something and "being a fan of" something, and that's whether you just look at something and say "hey that's kinda cool" or if you go specifically looking for more.