Mechanical Keyboards Thread No. 2 <New Poll>

Poll

What switch types do you prefer?

Linear
Tactile
Clicky
Other

Author Topic: Mechanical Keyboards Thread No. 2 <New Poll>  (Read 6022 times)

After a 5 month hiatus, the discussion and sharing of mechanical keyboards is back!

Some Questions about Mechanical Keyboards

Q: What are mechanical keyboards?
A: Mechanical keyboards are input devices that use an individual switch for each key rather than an entire membrane sheet with rubber domes.

Q: How are mechanical keyboards different than the standard boards?
A: Most Rubber Dome boards can be mushy in terms of keyfeel, whereas mechanical boards can have a unique characteristic to the switches and keyfeel. For example Cherry MX Blues have a distinct clicky noise when compared to an IBM Model M's Buckling spring board.

Switch Comparison

Let us start off with my favorite board, The IBM Model M.

What are some of the keyboards you use? Your favorite? Your recommended? /discuss
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:48:13 PM by HALO3cheif »

wish i got a cherry mx blue keyboard instead of a red, :(

i have a huge weakness to clicky and loud keyswitches
one of my next boards that i'm going to get is gonna be a green pok3r
buckling springs are the loving stuff

i haven't been able to find a video of the matias click (not quiet click) switches in action even by searching on youtube. does anyone have a video?

also mechanical keyboard beginners:
if you don't want to spend too much but want to get into mechs here's the thing for you:

https://www.amazon.com/Qisan-Mechanical-Keyboard-68-Keys-Magicforce/dp/B01ABUJ0FY/ref=sr_1_1?srs=7936345011&ie=UTF8&qid=1466462158&sr=8-1&keywords=magicforce

the qisan magicforce is $40 and has a choice between like 3 different outemu switches (cherry mx clones)
the one i linked here has outemu blue which is a clone of the cherry mx blue but on their store page there's more
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 07:29:51 PM by Daswiruch »

ive always been a fan of cherry brown when applicable

i hate using mechanical keyboards. maybe i would need to adjust to them but i'm used to my 20 year old piece of stuff keyboard

i hate using mechanical keyboards. maybe i would need to adjust to them but i'm used to my 20 year old piece of stuff keyboard
burn him on the stake

mechanical keyboards are certainly not for everybody
i personally love them because i love collecting stuff, love computers, and i love how the switches feel when typing
it's a hobby and the love for them comes from just liking them

Yes Model M master race <3
Mine's a bit out of shape though, some keys don't work properly. I'm guessing the rivets that hold the internals together are shot, gonna buy some sockets and stuff in the weekend and find out.

join the club. i loving hate the sound that loud keyboards make. loud obnoxious plasticy clacking at 400 decibels sucks ass in voicechats or any time at night when people are trying to sleep

It's a delicious WASD keyboard with brown switches

join the club. i loving hate the sound that loud keyboards make. loud obnoxious plasticy clacking at 400 decibels sucks ass in voicechats or any time at night when people are trying to sleep
it's really annoying to me too
my laptop keyboard is the best one i've used since i like to have the quiet keys that dont clickity clack like an army of skeletons