Author Topic: [Server] Seatbelts  (Read 9138 times)

This needs a companion mod that prevents someone from chatting while in the driver's seat of a moving vehicle. Texting and driving kills thousands every year.

I don't think that'll be neccessary. I can already tell by the vast scenarios going on in my head about this mod, that just by chatting and driving without a seatbelt should be sufficient enough.

Wow, that's a nice utility.  Well done.

I can't stop laughing at that gif. XD

now we just need to use cars that drift, turn the belts off but leave the collision on, and see how long people can last in a gigantic downward spiral of drifting mayhem

I could imagine this mod with speedkart
preferably a full server...whew boy
Heh heh heh

EDIT: Actually I just realized that there would be problems because horn is left click as well.
I could just put an alternative button though.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:53:20 AM by Meta_KnightX »

the horn isn't exactly useful in speedkart though

the horn isn't exactly useful in speedkart though
how will you tell pedestrians to hurry up across the crosswalk then?

this needs to be on Kong123's Deathrace
nobody need to own a syringe
hooray  :cookieMonster:

tomorrow I'm going to look into adding a seatbelt chime to all vehicles that start moving off when the driver's seat's seatbelt hasn't been engaged, I'll most likely be setting it to be turned off by default though since it could be highly annoying for things like speedkart - but RP servers may find it nice.

EDIT: if anybody has any other ideas now would be a good time.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 07:18:04 PM by Crazycom »

how will you tell pedestrians to hurry up across the crosswalk then?
Or tell the other car to go faster before you merge into that same car only to be sent 100 feet in the air?

version 1.2.0 has been pushed to blockland glass pending approval.

seatbelt chime has been added but is disabled by default, it can be enabled by setting the pref $Seatbelts::SeatbeltChime (server.cs) to true.

it also turns out tumble wasn't actually being applied to all players during a collision, found this out while adding seatbelt chimes - this is fixed along with some minor code cleanup as well.

EDIT: update has been approved.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:40:15 PM by Crazycom »

Make it so that if a ejected player hits a vehicle, force is transferred onto that vehicle and could potentially make other players without seatbelts fly off of it.

If the feature is implement, someone might try to make a nuclear reactor using vehicles and bots with the bots acting like neutrons.

Make it so that if a ejected player hits a vehicle, force is transferred onto that vehicle and could potentially make other players without seatbelts fly off of it.

I don't know how to test that practically but that should already be possible.

This could make for a great gamemode. You ride in a car that's controlled by a bot, and you gain points for not wearing your seatbelt off but risk flying out. The last person to survive or whoever has the most points by the end of a round wins.

Crazycom do this and I will love you forever