Author Topic: Will Zealot ever get Windows 10?  (Read 6842 times)

Okay, I literally worked on this PC from 8 PM Thursday til 6 PM Friday with a brief nap this morning. It took that long to get internet access, mostly because everything I did resulted in Windows Explorer and thus Control Panel crashing. I still have a MULTITUDE of other problems but at least I'm not bluescreening. My main hope right now is that since I've restored the Internet, just updating Windows to the latest edition of Win10 will solve most of them.

TLDR; Win10 is so incompatible it's hilarious MS recommends upgrading in the first plce

Having trouble installing my Realtek HD Audio Drivers. This message pops up and when I click "Install Anyway" it pops back up immediately. I tried a lot of things:

-- Turning Off Windows Security Alerts
-- Disabling Windows Security through the Services Menu
-- Killing the process through Task manager

And now I'm at a total loss. If anyone has any suggestions, that'd be really great.

edit: I GOT IT!

windows 10 is awesome. but it breaks my pc aaa
gonna try the upgrade now anyways. its been a few months

what could go wrong.

the first time i tried windows 10, my cpu fan went out. probably unrelated. the install never finished and i stayed on win7.

the second time i tried windows 10, my pc crashed immediately when I logged in. I used a system restore point I'd made that morning to fix my PC.

the third time i tried upgrading ot windows 10, last night, my pc had a multitude of problems. the internet didn't work, windows explorer crashed constantly, the control panel crashed my computer, and a lot more issues ensued. when I tried to restore windows 7, win10 commited a murder-Self Delete and bluescreened halfway through the restore proccess, leaving me with a broken operating system.

He did it again folks!

So I prepared to do a fresh update of Win10, as some users suggested. It actually caught me by surprise and randomly began shutting down while I was composing a BLF post (you may have seen it).

Fresh install. Still broke my PC.

I called my PC manufacturer and asked them whats up, and after a 40 minute or so investigation figured out that my motherboard was incompatible with Windows 10 because ASUS never got around to updating their drivers. Now I'm back on a fresh install of Win7.

I'm going PC shopping because I really haven't learned my lesson and still want Win10. Gonna replace a lot of things, (motherboard, ram, graphics card to name a few) and will probably break my PC a few more times in my efforts.

well, now I'm on a fresh install of windows 7. i'm gonna try to upgrade to win10 yet again because I haven't learned my lesson.

any suggestions for software or anything for the new pc?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 06:50:57 PM by McZealot »

any suggestions for software or anything for the new pc?
windows 7

thats what you get for thinking windows 10 is awesome rofl

lesson learned.

lesson learned.
i've had win10 since it was possible to install and i think that it's awesome

lesson learned.
only problem I've had so far is what I posted about yesterday, even then I don't think it was specifically windows 10 that caused it

(eat a sock joke)
Misread as eat a rooster lol

It's best to stick with your last OS; even though my laptop could upgrade, it ran like shiet and was a waste of space.
Maybe in a year or two it'll have more compatibility.

Once you do that upgrade, if you're still having issues, try reinstalling Windows 10 from 10. I did that and it fixed some of my problems, I believe.

are you doing a factory install of windows 10 or are you upgrading from windows 7?

It's best to stick with your last OS; even though my laptop could upgrade, it ran like shiet and was a waste of space.
Maybe in a year or two it'll have more compatibility.
i dont know how there could be ANY incompatability at all. it's a fresh install of win7 moving into a fresh install of win10.

im typing this in internet explorer oh my godd

rip quote

oh he ninja'd
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 07:05:22 PM by Lego lad »

i dont know how there could be ANY incompatability at all. it's a fresh install of win7 moving into a fresh install of win10.

Try a fresh install of windows 10 instead. Most of the problems people have come from the upgrade process.

Try a fresh install of windows 10 instead. Most of the problems people have come from the upgrade process.

this

I upgraded from 8.1 as soon as my i installed it on my new pc. i didn't have any files (or drivers for that matter) so i haven't had any problems, only when overclocking.
though i'd go with zeblote and do a fresh install of windows 10

i tried upgrading to windows 10 for stuffs and giggles once and the loving update literally broke halfway through and reverted to 8.1
t-thanks microsoft