Author Topic: Ze Operator's Boss Battles: Elite (Early Alpha)  (Read 4636 times)

I'd be glad to adjust the balance. Just let me know about how much you'd like things adjusted.

As of now, the two characters I use are only Glisten and Solar, as I've mentioned.

Solar
800HP
Solar Boost
Solar Storm
Solar Flare

Glisten
700HP
Glisten Spear
Glisten Ice Shards
Glisten Slash
Ice Bombs
Iceus Boost

Both HP gauges can remain as they are. However, Solar needs less damage on Solar Flare, specifically, and more damage range. As it is a ranged character, no?
Glisten is a whole other story; as it not only needs damage mods, but also energy modifications. Specifically, more energy, but slightly less damage on Ice Shards.

Other than that it's good.

It's one of ArmyUnit's Elemental monsters.

also, a bit of eye candy;

Le spoilers are real.

what the forget

Added a Discord chat, because, reasons.
Also, server will be up again today.

Working on updating the elementals at the moment. I'll post about the changes in more detail in the dev topic for the mods once I've uploaded the changes.

Also, are you sure you want Glisten to have more energy, specifically? Increasing the energy regeneration rate might be a better solution. Increasing the max energy will give you more shots before running out of energy, but the energy bar will appear to move very slowly since the regen rate isn't relative to the max energy amount.
From my experience, upping the regen rate "feels" better to play with, since you don't have to wait as long to reach max energy.

Also, just curious, but do you have Glisten's health regeneration enabled? The regen rate is quite low, but it has quite an impact on the power of the boss.

And what's up with the black areas seen on Glisten's model in the image you posted? Is that just lighting or is the model broken on your end?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 07:33:39 PM by ArmyUnit »

Working on updating the elementals at the moment. I'll post about the changes in more detail in the dev topic for the mods once I've uploaded the changes.

Also, are you sure you want Glisten to have more energy, specifically? Increasing the energy regeneration rate might be a better solution. Increasing the max energy will give you more shots before running out of energy, but the energy bar will appear to move very slowly since the regen rate isn't relative to the max energy amount.
From my experience, upping the regen rate "feels" better to play with, since you don't have to wait as long to reach max energy.

Also, just curious, but do you have Glisten's health regeneration enabled? The regen rate is quite low, but it has quite an impact on the power of the boss.

And what's up with the black areas seen on Glisten's model in the image you posted? Is that just lighting or is the model broken on your end?

To be more specific, I wish Glisten to be able to have less energy consumption. As it is, it's Ice Spear attack is fired once, and it's already out of energy. I want it to be able to fire at least 2, maybe three shots before it's out of mana necessary to fire. As for it's Ice Shards, it kinda deals a lot of damage, even on 100HP players.

I know of Glisten's regeneration ability, and I don't think it would be fair. Since a boss with 700-800 HP with a .8 HP modifier is hard enough to deal with by one's self. Thankfully, Visolator's HP modifier literally overwrites the regeneration ability completely, making the boss unable to regain HP.

The black areas are normal, as I run BL with shaders off. Though visually appealing, I don't judge books by their cover, much less appearance, and thus have no use for them.

But the Ice Spear deals upwards of 320 damage per hit (assuming Blockland doesn't cap explosion damage now for some reason). The whole intention behind the Ice Spear was to have a high-damage skill shot weapon that was telegraphed decently (charge animation), but still challenging to dodge if the boss aims well.

The high energy consumption was added to ensure it wouldn't be spammed, and was also to help differentiate it from a somewhat similar attack that I had planned for Glisten. Of course, I might as well balance the attacks for what's ingame at the moment, instead of leaving things lopsided and waiting to further "pieces to the jigsaw" as it were. :p

I think I'm going to try for two shots and then a third after a little energy regeneration.

I am also going to increase her energy regen slightly, since it feels pretty slow to me at the old value of 0.55

I agree with you in regards to the Ice Shards. They always did feel slightly too powerful.

I understand your decision to disable the health regen. It's always been somewhat placeholder anyway, actually.

And was just checking, in regards to the model. Glad to hear it's not a model issue.

Thanks to ArmyUnit's rapid response, Changelog Ver. A.0.2. has been released.

Thanks again, mate!

Having some slight issue connections, and trying to get a better network.

On the flipside, a plethora of new updates and even the map will be finished in due time.

Changelog Ver. A.0.3. is on it's way.

I absolutely adore the Elemental bosses.  Thank you for your work Army Unit.

i go on here all the time

i wasted 320 points though and am stuck with a stuff loadout

This is pretty cool! I'll have to check it out when I see it in the server list.

i have to test this out

This is pretty cool! I'll have to check it out when I see it in the server list.
i go on here all the time

i wasted 320 points though and am stuck with a stuff loadout
This is heavenly
i have to test this out

Be sure to join the Steam group or Discord chat for any updates and otherwise.