is the steam controller any good?

Author Topic: is the steam controller any good?  (Read 856 times)

i have a 360 controller but the left trigger is broken and the A button has to be pressed really hard for it to work

im just thinking about getting the steam controller since its on sale for 35 bucks and i think its cool that you can make the rumble on it do a jingle

ill probably use it a lot for rocket league and maybe dolphin if i ever take time to download it

Get a dualshock 4 and download DS4Windows or DS4Tool if you want it register as an xbox controller.

im not looking to buy a ps4 controller

the steam controller is pretty nice
I've been using it and I like how it has the touchpads

my only complaint is that it would be pretty cool to have the touchpads and somehow a second joystick for the right side, but that's a bit impractical with the space that'd require
the touchpad can be used as a joystick, just feels a bit weird to me

its awesome. but you still shouldnt play a shooter on it.

I personally don't own a steam controller but I have friends who have and told me its a great controller. Responsive and very intuitive. Their only complaint is that it feels "cheap" compared to other controller pads.

I personally use the Xbone controller and its widely used by almost every controller pad game

yeah it's pretty cool. the amount of customization you can do is insane

its awesome. but you still shouldnt play a shooter on it.
I agree
I tried it for some games and pretty much immediately went back to mouse + keyboard
but for things like ESO, I find I prefer the controller over mouse + keyboard
that and with the customization, there's so many keybinds that can be used

no.

Get an xbox controller instead.

no.

Get an xbox controller instead.

have you ever used a steam controller

Logitech controller.

Cheaper, but not too bad.

i havent had it for long, but its pretty good. very few times ive had the touchpad require some pressure (not pushing it but you kinda have to hold down) to move it, and on some older games it registers as a xbox controller so you have to configure it for your keyboard. other than those two small complaints its a pretty good controller, i recommend it.