Poll

What kind of Server/DM/RPG should I code?

Continue with SuperPowered
2 (11.8%)
Continue with the Overwatch/Tf2 Shooter
3 (17.6%)
Upgradable Body DM
2 (11.8%)
Future RPG
3 (17.6%)
Something Else (yaaay)
4 (23.5%)
IDFK
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: What kind of server should I code?  (Read 461 times)

No, this isn't an extravagant stuffpost. I'm actually trying to fish out some ideas so that I could steal them bring them to life. A few weeks ago I started up a dice-based DM server that was pretty popular. I've since grown bored/tired of developing it, and I've also genuinely ran out of ideas. I want to create something new for the Blockland community, but I'm not sure exactly what. I spent this morning developing a class based shooter (lower your volume) that was a combination of TF2 and Overwatch. It's pretty fun (in theory) and I think I could polish it a bit more, but I feel like the idea is overdone and I'm having a really hard time finding weapons to smack onto each and every class while still making it balanced. I feel like some of the weapons I'm using are stuffty and I feel like I shouldn't be using them at all but they're the only one filling the niche. Should I continue doing this, or something else? If something else, then what? If you have any ideas that you don't mind giving away then please post them in the comments.

Take a look at my topic: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=293933.0
I've been requesting for ideas as well since I've been bored coding the same thing (which is why I almost never finish projects because they are too large)