Author Topic: Question about dual-monitor gaming.  (Read 1416 times)

So, I've got two monitors in a vertical setup. I want to play games on the main monitor (lower one) and have the second one just extend my view up. I could use AMD settings to trick games into thinking that there's just one monitor, but then it shifts the whole game off center. Anyone know of anyway to just extend it without shifting the view?

some games might have features like that, but definitely most will not. why would you wanna do that anyway? I can't imagine it providing any benefit in any video game. also, why do you have them set up vertically? that's very weird, and probably not good for your neck at all

The Division offers something like that but again, this happens only to games that come far and few

some games might have features like that, but definitely most will not. why would you wanna do that anyway? I can't imagine it providing any benefit in any video game. also, why do you have them set up vertically? that's very weird, and probably not good for your neck at all
Because I don't have the horizontal space. I'm getting an ultrawide Saturday probably, so I'll have the 1080p above that. And it would help in rocket league cause the ball goes over your head a lot.

i dont get it. you want to use both monitors for the game but have the game on the bottom?...

i dont get it. you want to use both monitors for the game but have the game on the bottom?...
yeah

i still dont get what that means. you want to dual monitor game, but have the game on 1 monitor...

no one is even understanding what im asking -.-

The "center" of the screen -- where your cursor in blockland would be -- is in the middle of the bottom screen, and the top screen just gives more skyward view.

aw.

thats just UI hacks that (can) exist for most first person games. but it was mostly for simulators. i dont think most common shooters it would be popular for.

He has 2 monitors in a vertical orientation. When he makes the game extend to both monitors, the "center" or the "crosshair" ends up between the 2 monitors (This will also happen on Horizontal orientation).

What he wants is the center of the crosshair to remain on his primary monitor and extend the game into the second monitor

Like I said before, as far as I know there really isn't anything out there that allows you to do it. Even with Nvidia's/AMD control center it will still center the crosshair in the "middle" of your monitors. Now if you had an odd number of monitors (1,3,5,7,9, etc) then ya its gonna center it just fine.

TL;DR- Game has to come with that feature, otherwise your stuff out of luck.

EDIT
The "center" of the screen -- where your cursor in blockland would be -- is in the middle of the bottom screen, and the top screen just gives more skyward view.
You beat me FFFuuuuuuuuuuuu

alright. Mostly was just hoping for it in Rocket League, but honestly would surprised if it was possible.

alright. Mostly was just hoping for it in Rocket League, but honestly would surprised if it was possible.

The Division has this and its neat, except it forgets with settings and I dislike that

http://imgur.com/a/ZMl96
(Draw a line down the middle and thats your 2 monitor idea you want)

not a lot of games will support that, and that's a really weird way to want to extend your view anyways

not a lot of games will support that, and that's a really weird way to want to extend your view anyways
its less of extending your view and more of using your 2nd monitor as a hud it seems

i think that looks really cool