Dolphin 5.0 is officially released

Author Topic: Dolphin 5.0 is officially released  (Read 2038 times)

You practically don't even need a GameCube or Wii anymore.
You do need a Wii though, as the Dolphin devs do not support piracy.

good thing you can get a wii for like 6 dollars because its the worst console ever made

frick you guys i'm gonna keep using my gamecube b/c i'm a cool kid B)

Dolphin devs do not support piracy.
this feels like a contradictory statement

this feels like a contradictory statement

it isn't
now that i think of it, you do need a wii with homebrew
the only way you can legitimately rip your discs is through your wii (for gamecube, anyways. unsure if you can do it on PC)

Oh yeah I love the Dolphin devs. Dolphin is easily the best emulator out there for the 6th generation and has damn good compatibility along with being a hell of a lot more user friendly than something like PCSX2.
including Z-Freeze emulation, allowing for lots of games like Rogue Squadron II to be playable.
Hell yeah it's no surprise it took this long for Rogue Leader to become fully playable considering it's quite literally the game that pushed the GameCube's hardware to its limits and at launch day no less. Factor 5 are some loving wizards implementing some of the visual effects in this game like self shadowing and dynamic lighting all at a steady 60fps on original hardware.
Not to mention the polycount is high as hell given that generation. The god damn hangar peaked at a poly count of 194,238 per frame in that single moment and that's only rendering the X and Y-Wings that were in my field of view and around it, not even counting the ships outside of it or the locked vehicles. So 194,238 polygons per frame * 60 frames means the game is displaying 11.6 million polygons per second.

GameCube games in general just look really good and perform good too given the hardware and time period anyway. Now I tested this new version and performance is defnitely better from the past, also like much cleaner some of it is now.
http://imgur.com/a/ssZVd
Anyway here's an album of screens I took with some of the games I own. Not to say these games don't already look good on the original hardware, but the higher resolution makes them look more appealing up close on a monitor and better in general.

I wonder if The Thousand Year Door's paper effects have been fixed in OpenGL.

I've heard that the current emulation of it is "perfect", but this is probably just an exaggeration, given that it came from twitch chatter.

I've heard that the current emulation of it is "perfect", but this is probably just an exaggeration, given that it came from twitch chatter.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Paper_Mario:_The_Thousand-Year_Door

according to this, 5.0 has it marked as perfect now

Bounding box emulation is much better, soooo...

You do need a Wii though, as the Dolphin devs do not support piracy.
*WINK*

any way i can download dolphin in just a zip archive

any way i can download dolphin in just a zip archive

if you don't want a install, you can try the dev versions if you don't care about bugs
scroll a bit down the page