Author Topic: Lava DM Build  (Read 1497 times)

The past couple of days I have been looking through the forums and servers to find out what the kids want these days and I decided to be unique and bring back a classic I made some time ago, introducing: Lava DM

Everyone starts with 10 lives, a spear, and the will to live. Your objective is to be the last one standing by eliminating the platform the person is standing on by using your trusty spear. Be the last one standing and you get to live another day

V1 Photos: COMPLETED

V2 Photos: ALPHA

Now some of you will say "Wow, V1 looks like it took you 10 minutes to make" and yes, you are correct. This build is just the start, there will be a 3 step process. Each process will be its own build and will be view-able from the arena so you can see the progress:

V1- Basics down, Minigame setup, idea generator OLD
 - This is whats being presented and can be played on my server. I made the server mainly to get input on ideas, see how the format works and adjust it as needed

V2 - Add terrain, different platforms, and decorations ACTIVE ALPHA
 - I wana add more vertical and more space to move around in as well as a sorta "theme" to it, maybe have it Team DM compliant or a CTF idea who knows

V3 - Scripts, Automation, final server configuration
 - The idea comes from the level shifting, much like a volcano shifts every so often, I wana have bricks move around if a button is pressed.

I am hoping that by the end of this build progress, all 3 will be available for those who want to host this once I am done hosting, allowing for people to either host a small deathmatch or hopefully my projected large V3 project. Again, this is a post to generate views, people to join, and ideas going to see what I can do to improve gameplay aspects, make it better, and sort things out. You can rate me for effort on V2 and beyond. You are more than welcome to come and visit the server, just search:

Shocklink's Lava DM V2 OPEN ALPHA
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:47:50 PM by Shocklink »

V2 Progress: Built the projected size of the arena. Transluscent bricks are used to allow people from the other arena to see inside the progress of V2

So far, I really havn't had many people give feedback because theres the issue of just 1 person entering the server, jump around a few times and leaves before anyone else joins and play. I must say in advance - I am sorry if the server is boring. This is a game mode that requires more than 2 people and theres no way for me to get traction on it unless I promote it so :P

Some ideas that came about while building V2:

- Some sort of drill in the middle where people can shoot at or possibly climb it
- Tunnels on the side that allows accessing higher points of view or platforms
- A rocket launcher in the middle where you can go in but really difficult to get out.
- Pushbroom as a starting equipment and spears all around the level instead.

The more ideas I can get, the more I can add into it and expanding the server, I can make the map massive, I just don't want an empty husk that I have now :(
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 01:47:44 PM by Shocklink »

V2 Progress: Added the platforms and spawns and some balancing to the game, now the platforms are in an organized patterned plus a super weapon in the middle HOWEVER you are unable to leave the center, effectively balancing the weapon.

This also allows for a much larger area to play in as well as increasing the max capacity of the server from 10 to 30. The map is now under Alpha stage meaning it has what it needs for gameplay but is missing some ideas that I will be adding while you play.