Author Topic: Blueprint Mod?  (Read 16268 times)

This would be really cool for roleplays, and players who don't know how to build.
Infact it could make building more cooperative, and fun.
Is there any way, whatsoever, to create a blueprint in game that could be shared to other players?

It depends on what you mean by a "blueprint" mod. Are you talking about the brick ghosting effect that the duplicator has?

Doesn't the prop tool have this?

Either Prop Tool, New Duplicator with loading dupsaves, or it doesn't exist. Do you mean like white lines showing where to place bricks, but you can't just put down a whole structure at once? That doesn't exist. Placing something pre-made? Duplicator or prop tool. Prop tool makes it permenantly destructible and modifiable by anyone, duplicator makes it belong to whoever placed it.

Maybe something like this?
(Not mine, greek2me's I believe)

Maybe something like this?
(Not mine, greek2me's I believe)

Yeah, like that. I have a server up with a construction team, so it'll be pretty cool.

Pretty sure what Cruxeis posted is a path finding system, not building. Your best bet is the prop tool, you can set up builds that other players can place and destroy.

Pretty sure what Cruxeis posted is a path finding system, not building. Your best bet is the prop tool, you can set up builds that other players can place and destroy.
Well yeah it is something of the sort, it's for bots in slayer. But I was saying that you could do a similar thing but for building
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 10:50:50 PM by Cruxeis »

What I mean is cooperative building, instead of just loading something in, there's like instructions that players have to follow
(or not)

if i ever get back to prop mod i guess i should add a feature where you gotta build stuff in ghost bricks to make the prop. or better, just make it a separate mod

would be an interesting problem to make efficient and bug-free. atm though im busy with stuff. i could make this potential mod compatible with new dup, so you use that to save "blueprints" which you place with a blueprint item, which will ghost the build to make so players can place bricks right into it. the colors will automatically be assigned and such upon brick placement so you don't have to color the brick you're placing. support for events and such would also exist i suppose.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:33:57 AM by Conan »

So if I'm understanding this correctly, you want to be able to make a large ghost-build that people have to put bricks into to get it built right?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:19:25 AM by Metario »

ok well it doesnt have any logic of what order it should make people build things but heres it teaching me to build the default house

ok well it doesnt have any logic of what order it should make people build things but heres it teaching me to build the default house

--snip good snip--
oh my
what about coloring individual bricks that correspond to the template tho