Author Topic: Blockland + other games= Fail  (Read 1842 times)

Some of you think its fun to make maps or weps. from other games but, we dont need them! If we do make them, it will ruin blockland. We already have maps from games as it is. Halo is its own game, Portal is its own game, and Grand Theft Auto is its own game. Why cant blockland be its own game?

Blockland + other games= Fail

Yes, Ive made this topic before
but it must have gotten deleted.
I searched and no results.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 07:05:36 PM by Badspot »

Not Necessarily true. It's only certain weps that fail. Innovative weps that fit the blockland style are fine. Portal gun, and grav gun are some examples. And The Grand theft auto maps are great because they let people explore the possibilities blockland could add to the gta series. If someone made a halo map that would be kinda pointless since anything you could on on a bl halo map could be done better in real halo.

they all suck because it just proves the non creativeness of modders.

anyone can rip off other ideas, but we have played them games already.

As long as maps, items, vehicles, weapons, etc. from other games are made into blocko style, they add possibilities to the game and increase the amount of fun you can have. Some of my maps are based upon gta, but there are hardly any exact refrences to the game. I made the textures look like blocko bricks, which distances the maps from gta, and added many new features that make it unique. Also, the maps are huge to current standards and expand upon the fun that you can't have in smaller maps. And tommybricksetti is right about the gravity gun and the portal gun, they have added so many new possibilities to the game. I think that converting something from another game into blocko style in a way makes it new and unique to how it was in the game it came from, as long as effort is put into it and it is somewhat balanced to everything else.

I think most people don't understand a few simple things.

- Blockland can't be ruined unless Badspot wants it. (And that would be very weird)
 - You don't have to use any add-ons.
 - You don't have to go onto servers with add-ons.
 - You can make your own servers with the add-ons you want.

if you think a add-on fails, well, just don't use it, no one is forcing you to use anything in blockland at all.

I just ignore noobish or failing servers, it's a simple thing to do, and when more people do it, will clean up the server list.
Also, I think it will only be a matter of time when there is add-on to rate server etc. just wait. (RTB2 would be perfect to integrate something like that.)

Not Necessarily true. It's only certain weps that fail. Innovative weps that fit the blockland style are fine. Portal gun, and grav gun are some examples. And The Grand theft auto maps are great because they let people explore the possibilities blockland could add to the gta series. If someone made a halo map that would be kinda pointless since anything you could on on a bl halo map could be done better in real halo.
I agree....I love the grav gun..and the gta maps rock,but take too long to load.
All other OtherGameMods SUCK!!

If you didn't like my TIE Fighters, don't try to take them away from those who do like them. Instead you can go shove it.

Star wars creates fail add-ons. Nothing new you could get from Star Wars.

Star wars creates fail add-ons. Nothing new you could get from Star Wars.
The only thing that fails is your brain so don't spread your stupidity.

Your insults are so pathetic they're not even worth a comeback. Just leave.

Your insults are so pathetic they're not even worth a comeback. Just leave.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh ahaahahahhaha....
* Packer bangs desk of laughter.
loving moron lol....

I think most people don't understand a few simple things.

- Blockland can't be ruined unless Badspot wants it. (And that would be very weird)
 - You don't have to use any add-ons.
 - You don't have to go onto servers with add-ons.
 - You can make your own servers with the add-ons you want.

if you think a add-on fails, well, just don't use it, no one is forcing you to use anything in blockland at all.

I just ignore noobish or failing servers, it's a simple thing to do, and when more people do it, will clean up the server list.
Also, I think it will only be a matter of time when there is add-on to rate server etc. just wait. (RTB2 would be perfect to integrate something like that.)
I agree.

As long as maps, items, vehicles, weapons, etc. from other games are made into blocko style, they add possibilities to the game and increase the amount of fun you can have. Some of my maps are based upon gta, but there are hardly any exact refrences to the game. I made the textures look like blocko bricks, which distances the maps from gta, and added many new features that make it unique. Also, the maps are huge to current standards and expand upon the fun that you can't have in smaller maps. And tommybricksetti is right about the gravity gun and the portal gun, they have added so many new possibilities to the game. I think that converting something from another game into blocko style in a way makes it new and unique to how it was in the game it came from, as long as effort is put into it and it is somewhat balanced to everything else.

You don't want them ruining your precious Blockland add-ons folder? Don't loving download them.