Author Topic: ideas on how to gain more players  (Read 13564 times)

more fortwars servers
(yeahyeahyeah they're my favorite but)

they are perfect for this type of game; it's a blend of building and Blockland Add-on potential. If you get a good moderation team and some good add-ons and some good builders, you've got a good server. Plus the vagueness of the game mode allows for a lot of experimentation with themes/content.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 09:22:04 PM by Tactical Nuke »

Blockland needs to switch to a different engine or something, and if Badspot isn't going to update the game, he should just sell the game to someone else.

If the game gets an engine update, it should stay on torque3D but updated to the recent versions instead of staying on pre 2005

The game would somehow need .dts compatibility scripted in though cause the newer versions of Torque uses .dae instead of .dts
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 09:12:10 AM by Insert Name Here² »

more fortwars servers
-snip-

Funny thing is, the original idea behind Blockland was to make fort wars game, but then the building mechanic alone turned out to be so much fun that the rest was never made.

I'm currently working on a server that's kind of like prison escape, without the prison and the guards don't have as much control. Idk if I'd call this unique, but I've had a lot of other interesting server Ideas. Unfortunately I lost all of my saves, so I don't have anything to work on anymore.

Send pms to famous youtubers. If someone like poodiepie played the game that would be huuge advertisement.

There are a couple things that generally turn me away from a server immediately.

1. Previous experience with the server. I don't join servers I know I don't enjoy it.

2. Massive load times. I turn off all my downloads. If I have to sit through 2000 files to get in, it's probably not worth it, and there's a large chance something is going to go wrong and i'll get a connection error. Manage your add-ons properly and disable add-ons that are not crucial to the server.

3. Once I get in, I take a look at what's there. If the server is really empty with little to no bricks, I generally leave immediately.

4. If there's something for me to do as soon as I get in, the chances i'll stay skyrockets. This is important, because there are MANY gamemodes, especially prison escapes and things like Despair Syndrome, where you join mid game or early game and have to wait 5-10 minutes flying around before you get to do anything. It's boring, and a major turn-away. Avoid that stuff if you can.

EDIT: I joined Nightbriger's apocalyptic RP earlier. It made me walk through a bunch of doors and fed me information in the form of default red centerprint text. Took several minutes. Don't do that.

5. Ping. If the ping is above the 250ms range, it's really difficult to play on the server.

Beyond that, it boils down to the details. Is it clear what's going on? Is the build an eye-sore? Is the gamemode fun? Are people socializing?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 04:19:05 AM by Rally »

Make the servers like roblox's and pay to get a BC like BL account and such with the BC type thing should allow to join servers with a password without guessing password and it will give the player a title on every server and ill think of some more things

Make the servers like roblox's and pay to get a BC like BL account and such with the BC type thing should allow to join servers with a password without guessing password and it will give the player a title on every server and ill think of some more things

NO.

NO.

[A Blockland Gold account is required to see this post]

Jesus christ no

Paying to get access to passworded servers is not a good idea at ALL
ANYTHING that is paid to get cool stuff like that is not good.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 03:01:02 PM by startacker »

You're joking, right?

Badspot should sell Blockland to microsoft or me. Or make it like club penguin and add puffles and plaza pizza dating servers.