Poll

Do you like the Multiplayer, or Campaign better?

Campaign
Multiplayer

Author Topic: Doom - Megathread  (Read 14705 times)

So, I liked gameplay. The story was actually shaping up to be interesting as well. And then the ending happened, and all it did was answer no questions, was completely predictable, and set up a sequel. Never has my opinion of a game fallen so quickly. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but my opinion of it severely crumbled.

So, I liked gameplay. The story was actually shaping up to be interesting as well. And then the ending happened, and all it did was answer no questions, was completely predictable, and set up a sequel. Never has my opinion of a game fallen so quickly. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but my opinion of it severely crumbled.
keep in mind that id software said that they're going to release updates to the campaign besides arcade mode.

That's also a problem. When I pay $60 I expect my game to be complete. The story shouldn't be half-baked when it's released.

I just beat it last night, that was a really loving great campaign. I even got the Toxicguy figure, unlocking the Samuel Hayden model for viewing. Good God is he marvelous~

Fist of all, bump

Second, Noclip is going to make a documentary of DOOM, it will show footage of the cancelled Doom 4:Hell on Earth game

That's also a problem. When I pay $60 I expect my game to be complete. The story shouldn't be half-baked when it's released.
are you forgetting the 4th commandment?
Oh sayeth mighty Carmack: Story in a game is like a story in a research movie. It's expected to be there, but it's not that important.

Did you even play the game?

The story was fantastic (especially involving the wonderful Dr. Samuel Hayden), the audio climaxic and the gameplay was brilliant.

Did you even play the game?

The story was fantastic (especially involving the wonderful Dr. Samuel Hayden), the audio climaxic and the gameplay was brilliant.
I never said that the audio and gameplay were bad? It's just my opinion on the story, why are you being so hostile? I played it through to the end, and It just so happened to give me a disappointing ending, I still liked the game.

are you forgetting the 4th commandment?
Oh sayeth mighty Carmack: Story in a game is like a story in a research movie. It's expected to be there, but it's not that important.
Yeah, I can see where he's coming from, and why many people agree with him, but story in games (in my opinion) is what keeps me invested, it keeps me playing to find out more. Many people may not put all their eggs in that basket, and put it into things like gameplay, mechanics, etc. It's just how I play games.