Pokémon GO Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon GO Megathread  (Read 49085 times)

what

wait so how is tracking done now wtf
if not footprints then what
just the list??

More like Pokemon go forget yourself amirite
I have a guy on my friends list on steam called "pokemon go kill urself".

I tried to play this game about 2 weeks ago but it never loaded, it just crashed all the time so RIP. I might try again sometime in the next week once I'm not so sick and able to walk around school during breaks because there's a stop out the back of the school within the grounds.

pokevision is broken and footsteps are gone.
why live?

pokevision is broken and footsteps are gone.
why live?
For the glory of Team Instinct, of courses!
I couldn't say this with a straight face.

the footsteps were never accurate before and very buggy, thats why they removed them
imo this game was released way too early. too many bugs and not enough features. like you really cant fix the footsteps feature, you have to remove it all together?

footsteps always worked perfect for me :S

i never figured out what those footstep things were, what were they supposed to do and why are people upset that they're gone?

i never figured out what those footstep things were, what were they supposed to do and why are people upset that they're gone?
it would show 3, 2, or 1 footstep
when it was 3, it meant that the pokemon was fairly far away
when it was 1, it meant they were pretty close

so now its harder to tell

the issue with footsteps is for some users it would never change from 3 footsteps, including me

i was able to track down a few pokemon by going purely off the nearby list ordering but it was pretty unreliable

obligatory team valor 4 lyfe

...But when are they gonna add more clothing options so you can show support for your team?!

I think they already did? there's more colored clothing options

nearby Pokemon are all 70 metres away now

Following a meeting about the future of Pokémon this morning, The Pokémon Company announced a brand new project, Pokémon GO, launching in 2016.

Pokémon GO is set to be an augmented reality game developed by Niantic Inc., founded by Google Earth co-creator John Hanke and creator of popular ARMMO Ingress, in an attempt to bring Pokémon closer to being in the real world. Utilizing Android and Apple smart phones, trainers will be able to seek out wild Pokémon using GPS data, trade and battle with others, and participate in large-scale community events.

The optional Pokémon GO Plus peripheral will connect via bluetooth to your phone, notifying you via light and vibration when something of interest is nearby so you don't have to constantly watch your screen. The button in the center can be used to perform certain simple actions, the only example being "catching a Pokémon".

Junichi Masuda will be assisting with the project as well, making sure it stays true to the spirit of Pokémon and finding ways to tie it in with the main series of games, much like the Pokéwalker.

The only potentially bad news is that the current plan for Pokémon GO is for it to be free-to-play with in-app purchases.

You can watch the trailer here. While it obviously stretches the truth of what the real game will be like, such a game may not be too far off.
haha