Author Topic: No Man's Sky Official Megathread  (Read 104252 times)

There's one thing to enjoy a game despite it's numerous problems. I can imagine that someone genuinely was like "yah this is okay" regarding Bad Rats or Garry's Incident. In a larger scale there's Call of Duty. I am very well aware of it's issues and all but I like it more than Battlefield. Etc. etc. and there are countless of games like this.
The dumbfounding issue is when you take a game for granted and glorify the living crap out of it as if it never had or has major issues, and that everyone else can simply ignore them just because /you/ - the person that likes to have corporate greed smeared across your face - can. As far as I am concerned nobody should be telling anyone "Don't enjoy this game". "Don't buy this game" is another story - since the issues are known people can be saved from a potential disappointment, as this affected everyone that had high hopes for the game and not only. Just because you enjoy it, for any reason, doesn't mean that the game doesn't have issues, and it doesn't mean that the game would have not been enjoyable for, well, everyone else, if those issues (which were really supposed to be features) were fixed.
Glorifying a game like this and claiming "this is fine" is simply irrational. If you enjoy the game but you are also aware of it's issues then nobody should be pointing fingers at you directly. Ignoring the issues and pushing the game into everyone makes it a problem.
"Stop liking what I don't like" is a double edged sword. "Stop disliking what I like" is just as stupid. If you really enjoy it just play the game - even being oblivious to all the issues - it helps your enjoyment as well since all you care for when you are gaming is having fun - I am not sure since when was playing games supposed to be for social acceptance as well or anything like that.

Is this supposed to be directed at me? I was one of the first people to criticize the game. Defending Hello Games as not being guilty of a crime =/= dismissing all criticisms of the game.

Nobody has asked me for my opinion on what I find wrong with the game so I haven't given it. I haven't attacked anyone's opinion on the game, I've only challenged claims I've believed to be incorrect.

Yeah, there's been plenty of things tossed around that Rally didn't defend nor deny.

And as they go, they're upgrading their ship, they're upgrading their weapons, they're upgrading their suit. And they need to do that because they're very vulnerable, they will be attacked by AI, potentially - very rarely - other players
~Sean Murray Quotes~

they're upgrading their ship, they're upgrading their weapons, they're upgrading their suit. And they need to do that because they're very vulnerable
I didnt even need to upgrade stuff to survive lol

sentinels went down in a matter of seconds with just a base boltcaster, then I got the grenade tool and that made literally every sentinel encounter "gg ez"

sentinels went down in a matter of seconds with just a base boltcaster, then I got the grenade tool and that made literally every sentinel encounter "gg ez"
yeah but maybe he phrased that quote wrong?? maybe by saying that players are vulnerable he actually meant they're not vulnerable

rally, can you translate for us please?

So the quadrupeds don't exist either?
no lol but if i only see 1 enemy type for 11 hours im gonna get bored. what a terrible argument

so i was playing no mans sky and uh

all of the planets i found were ugly as hell. boring, too. not focusing on exploration definitely bottle-necked the game. the textures being ugly even on max graphics doesnt really help either.

TerrainBlender.exe forgot how to do it's job

like even despite the messed up textures i havent found one vibrant color in this game yet and it's kinda killin my vibe

Well you've never seen a quadruped so I'm guessing you've never been on a planet with extreme conditions either

no lol but if i only see 1 enemy type for 11 hours im gonna get bored. what a terrible argument

If fighting the sentinels bore you then fair enough but don't go around saying they literally don't "exist" lmao

I know you don't play the game but if anyone else is bored of fighting the floating sentinels you should download this mod:
http://nomansskymods.com/mods/walkers/

like even despite the messed up textures i havent found one vibrant color in this game yet and it's kinda killin my vibe

I have.

With 18 quintillion planets I'm sure you'd find one.

Well you've never seen a quadruped so I'm guessing you've never been on a planet with extreme conditions either
I've never seen a game worth playing either during my 11 hours.

edit: on a serious note: someone released the results of a before and after poll of no mans sky
all I can say is...

ouch.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 03:51:28 AM by Flatflyer »