No Man's Sky Official Megathread

Author Topic: No Man's Sky Official Megathread  (Read 102847 times)

What's wrong with PS4 anyways?

Why not both?

If you don't like it then don't talk about it, no one cares about PC elitism anyways.

Don't get me wrong, I'm content with my PS4; it's all about how you value your preferences for gaming.

If you really want the much higher ceiling for gaming performance and quality on PC, and really want the extra frames, graphics, customizability, independence, etc. then building a PC is definitely much more valuable than getting a console.

But that's not to say a console is a piece of gaming trash. It does its job and it caters to a large audience of people who don't really notice the differences/give a forget, and it satisfies visually and performance wise. I'm just making the point that if you did wanna go that route, you can with the same price point.

I appreciate having my PS4, it allows me to connect to my friends who don't know anything about PC gaming (which is 95% of them) and also serves as a general entertainment device (Yeah, I'm not inviting friends over to watch movies and take turns playing games on my PC in my room).

It's all up to preferences, I really don't get the console vs. PC war. They both fulfill their respective purposes just fine

I would like so much if i could play the game, it looks interesting for me. But the problem is i dont have a console that can play No Mans' Sky and my PC is too weak for the game. And to those who say that upgrading your PC for it is cheap well i dont have much money and it pretty much requires replacing every single part in my PC including the PSU and motherboard. So that i can run a better GPU and have the capability to get a better CPU.

PC may have better power but don't forget how toxic the PC community is.

Also don't forget how much PC players are able to hack games easier than console because PC has stuffty security.

So yeah go out and buy thousands of dollars worth of stuff, it's not going to fix the stuff hole community and not only that. You'll be held back by players who have stuffty PCs.

For example blockland only high end computers support shadows so if you want shadows you'll be at a disadvantage. It will be dark on your screen but bright on theirs.

At least with ps4 everyone has the same specs so it's fair.

Literally tony right now

Implying the rabid 12-year-old toxic COD culture that permeates through basically every console game is somehow comparable to some vague "PC Community" that you pulled out of your arse. Go on, give me your anecdotes and I'll give you ten times as many. Because guess what, the "PC Community" you talk about is the entirety of the internet.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 03:11:48 PM by Ipquarx »

PC may have better power but don't forget how toxic the PC community is.
Also don't forget how much PC players are able to hack games easier than console because PC has stuffty security.
So yeah go out and buy thousands of dollars worth of stuff, it's not going to fix the stuff hole community and not only that. You'll be held back by players who have stuffty PCs.
For example blockland only high end computers support shadows so if you want shadows you'll be at a disadvantage. It will be dark on your screen but bright on theirs.
At least with ps4 everyone has the same specs so it's fair.

there are so many holes in these arguments it's terrifying

See what confuses me the most is on your last page you beg the question "What's wrong with the PS4 anyways? Why not both?" but then you continue on to bash PC gaming and try to make an argument for one side

"don't forget how toxic the PC community is" - the forget is this even supposed to mean? Are you still pointing at the minority of PC "elitists" how believe that PC gaming is superior to all? The PC gaming community, in my opinion, is not even close to the level of stufftiness of console communities. I've owned every modern console (PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, XBOX 360) except for the Wii and XBOX One and I can tell you that by far my experiences on PC ranging from joining small gaming communities to solo queueing on CS:GO that the PC community is far better than the console community. Also, considering the vast amount of small communities dedicated to separate games like sim communities or clans and such, you can't even generalize. You're basically saying every PC owner fits into that context of a "toxic" community

Hacking is a legitimate concern but don't forget that the PS3 and 360 is full of mods and hackers, even moreso than PC (try playing online on GTA V for a day and not encountering a hacker). And, in my experience, hackers aren't a plague as everyone makes it seem

And the whole 'held back by stuffty PCs" is the worst argument I've ever heard against PCs. If players with low specs and low settings really have such an advantage, you have to be borderline handicapped as a player. Even then, I'd prefer far superior graphics and performance if it means the miniscule chance I get killed by a player who has an advantage because of his lower settings

See what confuses me the most is on your last page you beg the question "What's wrong with the PS4 anyways? Why not both?" but then you continue on to bash PC gaming and try to make an argument for one side

Because I have both a loving PC and PS4 but the community is so loving toxic on PC it makes me want to stay off it.

Implying the rabid 12-year-old toxic COD culture that permeates through basically every console game

If anything it weeds out the toxic CoD stufflords because they have a short attention span.

Because I have both a loving PC and PS4 but the community is so loving toxic on PC it makes me want to stay off it.

Well, we must be playing in different PC communities then because I experience the complete opposite.

To each his own

Well, we must be playing in different PC communities then because I experience the complete opposite.

To each his own

It doesn't matter because PC players will be able to play with PS4 players in the same universe.

So who loving cares what system you get?

It doesn't matter because PC players will be able to play with PS4 players in the same universe.

So who loving cares what system you get?
You should ask yourself that considering you've been complaining about what systems people are using.

I don't think anybody can play with anybody else in No Man's Sky.

all things considered i think we can all agree that this game didn't live up to the hype it created.

-snip-

Ipquarx lives in Canada so the prices here are different.