Author Topic: No Man's Sky Official Megathread  (Read 104402 times)

This sounds as bad as SPORE except a few patches and the game might actually deliver.

What a damn shame for such an overhyped and undertested game.

it's generally sad that the space age of spore is generally a better experience than what nms is trying to pull off. i mean, star citizen has been in development for a comparable time to no man's sky so maybe they will deliver. from the looks of it, they may already have.

i'll pick up this game next summer sale or something when it's 75% off, but i'm not getting it anytime soon.

Idk guys but this game seems interesting to me
http://imgur.com/gallery/mKjMq (guys discovers irradiated planet)
specially when finding planets like these

I have no idea if this has been said before but apparently the cause of most of the crashes is the fact that if SSE4.1 is not supported on your cpu then the game just crashes to the desktop upon trying to load. They need to build a compatibility version so that that's not necessary.

And I've also heard a lot of reports saying that raising the FPS cap to max will actually improve performance and stability. IE if you got 15-20fps on the 30fps cap you'll get a solid 60 with the max fps cap.

So whether or not these weird issues can be fixed remains to be seen, but there's a lot of work to be done and this was certainly a terrible launch.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 12:23:59 AM by Ipquarx »

Idk guys but this game seems interesting to me
http://imgur.com/gallery/mKjMq (guys discovers irradiated planet)
specially when finding planets like these

very pretty looking monster

It would be nice if I could get past the white loading screen without crashing to desktop :I

It would be nice if I could get past the white loading screen without crashing to desktop :I
Download Speccy and look at your CPU information. Under "Instructions" you should see something like this:

Do you see "SSE4.1" on the list?

Download Speccy and look at your CPU information. Under "Instructions" you should see something like this:

Do you see "SSE4.1" on the list?
I do see SSE4.1 in that list

I do see SSE4.1 in that list
That's weird, almost all of the confirmed crashes so far have been because of that. Hope they resolve these issues...

I really like the doggo creatures... really cute :3

holy forget the amount of people bashing on the game who havent even played it

like seriously its just getting really sad that people just assume the games stuff because it isnt living up to the expectations they pulled out of their ass, its starting to genuinely piss me off

I for one believe the games going to live up to what they promised, not what everyone keeps on pulling out of their ass
3 days late of a response but this is wrong on so many levels, the game is overhyped and has too many overexpectations undoubtedly but 10 fps on a 980 is depressing (and on a 1080 theres frame drops), it isnt even ported to pc properly and its literally being emulated (which explains the poor performance) and plenty of other reasons why its bad besides of what people expected it to be, it doesnt take much for someone on the sidelines to know this game is bad.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 02:30:08 AM by Rockinboy2000 »

yo i was legit laughing so hard

That's weird, almost all of the confirmed crashes so far have been because of that.
Any CPU produced after 2006 will have SSE4.1. You're going to be hard pressed to find people running new machines who don't have SSE4.1.

its literally being emulated (which explains the poor performance)
LibSceFios2.dll handles Sony Input/Output. It's extremely weird that it's there (and potentially breaching the rules for the Sony Development Kit contract), but I personally don't think that it's emulating the PS4 version because of one file.

Gibbed himself (an absolute legend) was also curious about the existence of the file, but he didn't say emulation either. I could be wrong for sure, but I think we'll have to wait for heavier evidence to confirm or deny.

There's no kidding that the game runs like stuff, though. What an absolute loving joke.

EDIT: As an interesting side note, the PS4 and Xbox One are both x86, same as the PC. I'm not familiar with the PS4 development kit, although I know that the Xbox One is completely capable of just running straight Executables and Dynamic Link Library code (ED: Because the Xbox One is built of the Windows NT Kernel). There may be truth to the "emulation" thing, although it's more likely that the developers only targeted one Windows machine while porting and didn't test on other machines to check their code worked.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 01:42:21 AM by McJob »